Hammerin' Junk....4 HRs in one game

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2015
Last year with my oldest DD, being an aggressive batter paid off...for my younger DDs as well

DD2 (16yo) might be a little too agrressive at times...but it's fun to watch.

1st at bat...up the middle rise ball, HR puts a dent in a car in the parking lot. I step it off...~265' or so...ya, ya I know its not 290'... but she's only 145 lbs... but that 120 lb bench, and 195 lb squat sure do come in handy sometimes...
2nd at bat...waist high inside...opens up...HR about 240-250' or so.
3rd at bat single
4th at bat...really pitching her junk now...below the knees and way inside... went down and got it... bye, bye...laser beam HR to left field
5th at bat...she pulled a Miggy...first 3 pitches were either in the dirt or at her helmet. 4th pitch way outside...but she reached out and stepped into it...cleared the fence by about 5'...but we'll take it...
Man, was I laughin' after that 4th HR, when she went all Miggy on it.
That last at bat she says..."there's no way I was letting that ball get by"... :D
I'm glad she didn't.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Great to hear. Glad she had the opportunity and the ability!

Why is she being pitched to after the 2nd HR?

DD HS team playing. LSU Signee opposing batter.
1st AB IW
2nd AB IW
3rd AB-bases loaded we pitch to her--Grand Slam HR
4th AB IW

Mar 8, 2016
Great Job. I am sure you are very proud. I agree with Orange socks how does she even get anything close enough to swing at. DD is a good hitter but the way some HS coaches pitch to her you would think she was a great hitter. DD has played two games against one team (8 walks). In the second game the third time up with another 3-0 count she actually swung twice at balls that were way out in the other batters box. After the game I asked why in the world she swung at those pitches. She said that she was bored watching ball after ball go by and thought if she swung and missed a couple of times they might throw her a strike.

May 18, 2009
Great Job. I am sure you are very proud. I agree with Orange socks how does she even get anything close enough to swing at. DD is a good hitter but the way some HS coaches pitch to her you would think she was a great hitter. DD has played two games against one team (8 walks). In the second game the third time up with another 3-0 count she actually swung twice at balls that were way out in the other batters box. After the game I asked why in the world she swung at those pitches. She said that she was bored watching ball after ball go by and thought if she swung and missed a couple of times they might throw her a strike.
Played a team last year that had a beast. She hit everything over the fence on Saturday. Sunday nobody would pitch to her. Was her last game in 14U when we played them.

Oct 2, 2015
I don't take videos of the DDs in games.

Uh, my DDs are not LSU signees...so I have no idea why they kept pitching to her. Probably because our coach kept pitching to one of their players after she hit 2 HRs, and a hard double in the same game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802