Haley

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
You meter the action of gravity by coiling/using the midsection/etc
I made an edit to my post

"Edit: It could also be a combination of both :). Controlling the move forward with your midsection while gravity does it's job "

Jun 8, 2016
You can see it even more with Hank here:

hcdiYy9.gif

Jun 8, 2016
It seems like a lot kids want to control their move out with either their back or front leg. It might be useful to first get them to let gravity move them out (using a ramp perhaps to exaggerate the feeling) and then teach them how to control it properly.

Edit: Sorry for the hijack @Mike-Coach Q

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
getting into a hinged position is the easiest way that I have found. Having the pelvis underneath with forward bend of the torso while you move out with a solid back leg(trying to not let it move forward) and/or the heel grounded is a great feel. ERing the back foot and holding onto the heel works really well also.

the balance of sagittal and frontal moves with an anchored back leg is key imo.

feet crossed drills are really good for this.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
I like my hitters to do a soft contraction across the mid section (obliques) up front and when released they become balanced dynamically fyb.

idunjNO.gif

The lead leg may even become unweighted.

zRBo5En.gif

Last edited:
May 16, 2019
It seems like a lot kids want to control their move out with either their back or front leg. It might be useful to first get them to let gravity move them out (using a ramp perhaps to exaggerate the feeling) and then teach them how to control it properly.

Edit: Sorry for the hijack @Mike-Coach Q

No, this is great stuff!! I'm here to learn and share and I like the input from all.

May 16, 2019
getting into a hinged position is the easiest way that I have found. Having the pelvis underneath with forward bend of the torso while you move out with a solid back leg(trying to not let it move forward) and/or the heel grounded is a great feel. ERing the back foot and holding onto the heel works really well also.

the balance of sagittal and frontal moves with an anchored back leg is key imo.

feet crossed drills are really good for this.

I feel she could hinge a bit more and find things easier and I have suggested it but she's not ready yet.

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
Haley, uses the pullback of her upper body against the moving out front leg and lower body, so it’s a controlled and timed fall With the balance point felt in the rear hip. The core is used to help fuse the torso going rearward to be taken over by the leg going forward. Sound to me like your both correct.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FPVQ23