Haley

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
My bad...😷

its all good. Your assessments are always welcomed. Haley and I spend a lot of time working out, so it would be easy to think she was my daughter. She plays for me at the high school I coach at. She has the drive and desire to play in college and I offered to help her. I love coaching , especially 1 on 1 . The challenge to help an athlete reach beyond her expectations to reach her full potential absolutely drives me. We hit, pitch, and lift weights 3 times a week for 2.5 hours per session. Haley and Maddie we’re teammates on a couple of teams.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2009
The work continues. Here’s an update on her BB drill. I’ve seen several improvements In her since adding this drill.

OK. I was going comment on post #326 the Bonds drill demo but didn't. But I think there are two ways to execute that drill. And since we've never seen Bonds or Yellich actually do the drill, only talk about it....

In the demo, the guy proposes (since he doesn't actually execute it with a live pitch) striking downward as if with a sledgehammer:

1596204464505.png

Haley does it -- and successfully executes hitting the plate and then moving the ball out further and further -- with more of a TTB/behind-and-through approach, IMO:

1596204536522.png

I like and have advocated the latter approach. I know others, given their swing approaches, will like the first method. They aren't the same. Both do give a feel for how to manage and manipulate the barrel with the hands. Are they both useful?

May 16, 2019
OK. I was going comment on post #326 the Bonds drill demo but didn't. But I think there are two ways to execute that drill. And since we've never seen Bonds or Yellich actually do the drill, only talk about it....

In the demo, the guy proposes (since he doesn't actually execute it with a live pitch) striking downward as if with a sledgehammer:

View attachment 18629

Haley does it -- and successfully executes hitting the plate and then moving the ball out further and further -- with more of a TTB/behind-and-through approach, IMO:

View attachment 18630

I like and have advocated the latter approach. I know others, given their swing approaches, will like the first method. They aren't the same. Both do give a feel for how to manage and manipulate the barrel with the hands. Are they both useful?

Nice observation Rick thanks for the reply

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12