Haley

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 16, 2019
Funny you say that because she's very aggressive at the plate and it wasn't helping her but now that we've calmed her down to a more controlled mind, your right she's getting that look back. Definitely has the hitting bug.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
As I think about it, I took ownership of her swing (with her permission) for a while because what she was doing was no longer working against live pitching. She’s now taking that ownership back and It showing.

That's a great way of thinking about it. Working with college players my goal is to build an understanding of what each hitter needs to be successful (individual needs). Then help them apply it in such a way that they can troubleshoot on their own. They will send me videos occasionally but I find that they are often looking for reassurance and advice more so than mechanical review.

Oct 2, 2017
The mechanics of her swing and the swing itself is becoming more unconsciously driven. The conscious part is when to prepare for the swing. This coach stands closer and throws faster than I do plus I’m about 5 feet further back. I asked her to start sooner after this round. She was rushing just enough to throw her off a little bit.

She's doing great Mike! Keep it up Haley!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802