Haley

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
When people ask me who I recommend for hitting instruction in my area, my answer is always Mike. Not only because he and I are in agreement with fundamental swing mechanics issues, but also because I've seen how he works with students, and witnessed his personal dedication to helping them become their best. His ability to adapt the instruction to the needs of the hitter, and the way they learn, is excellent.
You are a lucky man, and obviously Maddie is a fortunate young lady as well. I think we've seen evidence of that over the years

May 24, 2013
So Cal
You are a lucky man, and obviously Maddie is a fortunate young lady as well. I think we've seen evidence of that over the years

Maddie and Haley both started working with Mike for hitting about the same time (early last year). Until this March, Maddie was a once-a-week student, where Haley was able to work with Mike on a daily basis. Haley also benefits from Mike's pitching instruction.

Oct 2, 2017
Maddie and Haley both started working with Mike for hitting about the same time (early last year). Until this March, Maddie was a once-a-week student, where Haley was able to work with Mike on a daily basis. Haley also benefits from Mike's pitching instruction.

Very knowledgeable guy on hitting and has a great teaching approach to his students!

May 12, 2016
Love that sound :). Mike how does this position(barrel) translate to harder pitching in a game. Does Haley find herself being under the ball against harder pitching.. or is a natural adjustment for her? I'm not criticizing the swing.. I am just asking out of curiosity because I know when a good pitcher is on the mound it will be a much flatter trajectory than what your soft toss is emulating... for most pitches anyway.

1590692845628.png

May 16, 2019
She actually hits faster pitching better than slower pitching. We expected a great season from her as she was figuring things out.

Last edited:
May 12, 2016
Her barrel can go from steep to flat depending on the ball height. We do focus on hitting oppo and maybe I overcook it a little.

I gotcha... and that makes sense of course.. I was just wondering if one of her goals is to match the plane of the incoming pitch?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28