Haley

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Really? What part? I don’t believe in rearward barrel turn.

Sorry coach Q, I didn’t mean anything by it.

Your always good with me ....
I love your passion

P.S. I love a lot about her before swing too but from a power standpoint I did't feel she could reach her full potential beyond high school. I'm happy with little girls that can hit like big girls.

Always tasteful Mike. Appreciated. I hope the young lady gets what she wants out of softball and her swing.

Jan 28, 2017
Most of the videos will not play for me for some reason. I follow TM a lot and saw a clip where he talks about the rear hip sliding over the femur and that is your tilt. You use the sliding over your femur for tilt not your shoulder. I have personally only heard him stay the hip is your tilt once. I have heard him say that your hip slides over your femur a lot but this was the only time I heard him say your hip controls the tilt. This has help my DD greatly. Then we talk about the rear hip and rear shoulder should stay online. That's more from me than anyone else. Through the ball. I think this could possibly help this young lady.

May 16, 2019
Thanks Tango. When she hip hinges a little deeper it’s easier to keep from tilting to far. If you have Twitter I can DM you the videos.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2017
Thanks Tango. When she hip hinges a little deeper it’s easier to keep from tilting to far. If you have Twitter I can DM you the videos.

I'll pm you when I get home and figure out what my twitter account is. Lol. We have worked hard sliding the hip over the femur on all takes. Just like old knee to the ball takes when I was young. Helped greatly

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2009

Shawn, If I’m understanding you , your help and video makes sense, now. A better activation with the core and obliques are needed To hold the posture. The appearance will look like the shoulders are moving towards the plate, like you said.

Additionally getting more rearward snap of the barrel that Pattar said should also help her torso position.

Thanks, great point.

Not sure what the point of this contraption is but I'd be cautious. It's inhibiting her rotation, which is already problem, causing her to power an arm-swing. It also is causing an over-block on the front side, which is causing her head to 'pop up.'

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28