Haley

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 16, 2019

Shawn, If I’m understanding you , your help and video makes sense, now. A better activation with the core and obliques are needed To hold the posture. The appearance will look like the shoulders are moving towards the plate, like you said.

Additionally getting more rearward snap of the barrel that Pattar said should also help her torso position.

Thanks, great point.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa

Here almost 11 months later. She’s been a very consistent worker throughout the year. i think shes made great progress thus far. I know we sometimes don’t realize the progress our players make but looking at the old video was a surprise at how much she’s really grown.

We still have thing to work on and getting her swing constantly against live is her next challenge.

If I understand TM correctly, Haley is doing what he suggests tilting the shoulder rearward.

The front shoulder should point downwards at the launch position.

I just think she is lowering the back shoulder and raising the front shoulder to much. The back shoulder really doesn't drop/lower as Espstein said.

The posture during the swing and at initiation makes the shoulders to appear they are lowering and raising.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Really? What part? I don’t believe in rearward barrel turn.

Sorry coach Q, I didn’t mean anything by it.

Geez RH.
I sorta agree with you. Not the rearward turn which can be over cooked. Swing is spinning and all back all forward. Straight to Justin Stone video.

May 16, 2019
"If I understand TM correctly, Haley is doing what he suggests tilting the shoulder rearward.

The front shoulder should point downwards at the launch position.

I just think she is lowering the back shoulder and raising the front shoulder to much. The back shoulder really doesn't drop/lower as Espstein said.

The posture during the swing and at initiation makes the shoulders to appear they are lowering and raising."

Yes, and he also suggested tightening up some of her posture.
This swing by no means represent a finished product. I wanted to share one of my students 1st year.

May 16, 2019
Really? What part? I don’t believe in rearward barrel turn.

Sorry coach Q, I didn’t mean anything by it.

Your always good with me ....
I love your passion

P.S. I love a lot about her before swing too but from a power standpoint I did't feel she could reach her full potential beyond high school. I'm happy with little girls that can hit like big girls.

Last edited:
May 16, 2019
I'm a high school coach that believes that the player owns her swing. The moment I use my position or influence to change a player, I've taken control of her swing and I am now responsible for it. A conflicted player is not going to be at her best. The swing comes in many different sizes and flavors. I've studied and taught several different ones over the years and believe in this one for different reasons.
I'm just as passionate about what I teach as all of you are about what you teach.

I'm here to learn and to also share my limited knowledge with those that might be interested in this particular style. I'm not here to change your mind but respectfully give back a little if wanted.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28