Haley

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
It’s been a few months since I’ve posted anything about Haley. We have been working on cleaning up a few things. In this video Richard gave an assessment of her swing.

Interesting to hear Richard talk about the move out. That is something he hasn't mentioned too much in the past from what I remember.

May 16, 2019
Interesting to hear Richard talk about the move out. That is something he hasn't mentioned too much in the past from what I remember.

About 6 -8 months ago he looked at her swing and mentioned learning to move out. I was also surprised.

Sep 17, 2009
To me it looks like Haley is learning... Meaning: she executes a lot on the surface but isn't actually getting it all going under the hood. That's the trick about video and 'positions' -- you can get 'there' visually but not the way the body needs to get there. Because of this you can really see Haley arm bar, muscle up and push/block to finish off her swing which causes the rise, IMO....that said, she's doing great and on a cool journey. (BTW, watch Bregman land open front foot/torso opening but with still coiled rear leg/hip).

May 16, 2019
Rick great observations and assmeant. I agree that she's learning and that excites Haley and me because at present she often hitting balls 230-260 range in an increasingly bigger zone. I can see in videos of her hitting the balance and cooninated combination of the various muscle groups working in leverage together. The best way for me to describe it is learning to dance to a song vs dancing to the music. She becomes that unscious hitter a little more each day. Her personality is one of mastering the task at hand with the ability to sustain enthusiasm and confidence as the learning process and my obsession of the swing is in progress.

May 12, 2016
Learn to move forward with the midsection.. not by pushing with the back leg. The midsection will straighten the back leg. This will keep the hitter in their posture.. and prevent them from standing taller(up the slope)

JMHO

gif (2).gif

Jun 8, 2016
Learn to move forward with the midsection.. not by pushing with the back leg. The midsection will straighten the back leg. This will keep the hitter in their posture.. and prevent them from standing taller(up the slope)

JMHO

View attachment 19664
I am not convinced it isn't more accurate to say let gravity move you forward and then control/meter that with the midsection..does that make sense? That is what I see in Bregman here:

May 12, 2016
I am not convinced it isn't more accurate to say let gravity move you forward and then control that with the midsection..does that make sense? That is what I see in Bregman here:

Could be.. you might be right. But I like to think about the midsection moving the hitter forward.. as TM said in his video.. the coil will become tighter as you move forward. I believe if we leave it all up gravity, you loose tension. If you move forward with your midsection it likes wringing a dishcloth. You could be right, I might be wrong :)

Edit: It could also be a combination of both :). Controlling the move forward with your midsection while gravity does it's job

Jun 8, 2016
Could be.. you might be right. But I like to think about the midsection moving the hitter forward.. as TM said in his video.. the coil will become tighter as you move forward. I believe if we leave it all up gravity, you loose tension. If you move forward with your midsection it likes wringing a dishcloth. You could be right, I might be wrong :)
You meter the action of gravity by coiling/using the midsection/etc

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee