Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
I love the Allman brothers. You have seen some cool acts in a special venue.

Tatonka hope your place is safe. Sounds like you and yours got out safe and I’m glad to hear that.
We're good, it was more than a bit sketch for a while and honestly too close for comfort. My wife and I had just hiked the area that was on fire 3 days ago. It's a tinderbox and no real good access. As the crow flies probably about a mile from my place. Fortunately they hit it hard and fast, it was just announced about 2 hrs ago that it's contained and they lifted the remaining evacuation orders. The aerial assault and the hotshot crews were really impressive, Mother Nature helped out a bit also with some short but drenching rainfalls...of course it's looking like she was responsible in the first place with a lightning strike. Thanks for the kind words fellas!!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina

Of course the GM side of me, and the fact that I own a 69 Z/28, hard for me not to take the big block Camaro!

But........a 69 Cobra Jet car is no joke, very valuable car! Now if this were a 69 big block Chevelle (a full framed GM car and NOT sub-frame car like the Camaro) I’d take a Chevelle all day long!

I know the Chevelle wasn’t part of the question, but I’m a huge Chevelle fan! And I suck at following directions!

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Of course the GM side of me, and the fact that I own a 69 Z/28, hard for me not to take the big block Camaro!

But........a 69 Cobra Jet car is no joke, very valuable car! Now if this were a 69 big block Chevelle (a full framed GM car and NOT sub-frame car like the Camaro) I’d take a Chevelle all day long!

I know the Chevelle wasn’t part of the question, but I’m a huge Chevelle fan! And I suck at following directions!
I spent a lot of time in all those cars back in the day. Foolishly owned a '70 Mach 1 (same color scheme as the one in that link) but it didn't have the 428CJ (I wish). Probably still alive cuz it "only" had the 351 Cleveland motor...loved that car and stomped a lot of buddies with their Camaro's in various stages of build. Almost bought a '66 Chevelle with a built 396 and a stripped out interior/roll cage, etc back then at age 16 but my Dad caught wind of it and killed the deal. I bought (and paid for myself) the Mach 1 without his knowledge...he was pretty mad and looking back, rightly so.

My nephew has a full resto-mod '70 Chevelle with a 500HP crate motor and all the goodies, I took that thing out for a spin a couple years ago and was completely unprepared...it sucked my nads up into my backside and before I could blink or let off the gas I was hurtling semi-sideways down that old country road at 60+mph...what a freakin' rush!!
PS...I love burnin' gas ;-)

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Hey Tonk, I'm 55 now :oops:, I remember back in the high school days when a 400hp car was a bad car.......and it really was for a daily driver for a high school kid! We had a group of probably 20/25 guys who would drag race every morning before school, it got so bad that our principal would ride with a police officer to Hudson Blvd every morning and threaten to have anyone who raced arrested, can't have nothing, he ruined it for everyone, but it did go on for a long time!

Today those 400hp cars are laughable, my painter here at work has a Chevy II Nova (or I should say he drives it for the owner) with a 960 cubic inch engine, 2800hp at the rear wheels! When he cranks it here at work........everything stops! It's just violent!

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Hey Tonk, I'm 55 now :oops:, I remember back in the high school days when a 400hp car was a bad car.......and it really was for a daily driver for a high school kid! We had a group of probably 20/25 guys who would drag race every morning before school, it got so bad that our principal would ride with a police officer to Hudson Blvd every morning and threaten to have anyone who raced arrested, can't have nothing, he ruined it for everyone, but it did go on for a long time!

Today those 400hp cars are laughable, my painter here at work has a Chevy II Nova (or I should say he drives it for the owner) with a 960 cubic inch engine, 2800hp at the rear wheels! When he cranks it here at work........everything stops! It's just violent!
Well AD I've got a few years on ya! Our HS principal never got involved with our racing (just got pissed at us for burnouts in the parking lot and stuff like that. Drag racing took place all over the county both the sanctioned kind and good old fashioned street racing. That Mustang I had with the 351C was rated at 300HP but that was by the manufacturer and intentionally low for insurance purposes....they say it was more like 375 stock.... Today's cars and HP#'s are sick!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28