Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 19, 2018
Would have loved to have seen him play with the Allman Brothers!
Until I got married and had children I was able to make several shows in each of the Allman Brothers Beacon runs. If you don't have "an evening with the Allman Brothers, First and Second Set" from the mid 1990's get them. A Lot of really good music in there.

Cleaning out some draws this weekend, I found my "The Who" Concert T-Shirt from 1989 and a Jaimoe signed t-shirt that I got closing night of the 1997 Beacon run. The last for WH with the Allmans until he replaces Dickie Betts in 2000.

I gifted them to my 16yo DD who wore "The Who" t-shirt to a party that night.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Until I got married and had children I was able to make several shows in each of the Allman Brothers Beacon runs. If you don't have "an evening with the Allman Brothers, First and Second Set" from the mid 1990's get them. A Lot of really good music in there.

Cleaning out some draws this weekend, I found my "The Who" Concert T-Shirt from 1989 and a Jaimoe signed t-shirt that I got closing night of the 1997 Beacon run. The last for WH with the Allmans until he replaces Dickie Betts in 2000.

I gifted them to my 16yo DD who wore "The Who" t-shirt to a party that night.
Great memories.........hopefully ;)

Jul 9, 2016

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
His loss.

Never got anything but first rate personal service from you. Of course I do understand that I’m not the only person in the world that ordered a bat and maybe I should mention my name in the text lol

You sir, are actually "in" my phone...haha. I have like 10 people from DFP in there that I have talked to a lot. I have a dino phone, so cant
keep to many stored :)

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Hahahahaha, remember hating phone numbers that had a lot of high digits...hahaha. When you had to do a "9" or "0" is was like,
damn it. But those "1's" and "2s" were great

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Or when your finger slipped out of the hole on the last digit! :mad: I bet most here have no idea what we're talking about!

hahaha... or not thinking you rotated it all the way to the metal stopper...then have to hang up and start all over. Oh, I bet the majority have no idea

Dec 11, 2010
Had those rotary phones way back when!

Had a “party line” when I was a kid. ”Party Line” wasn’t what it sounds like. Four families/residences were on the same line. You would pick up the phone and if someone else was using it, you would hear them talking. You hung up and waited. If you were the person having a conversation, you could hear someone else pick up the phone. The polite thing to do was wrap it up so someone else could use the phone!

One of the families had a small dairy operation and had the unheard of luxury of a second telephone. (My gosh HOW CAN ANYONE AFFORD TWO TELEPHONES!) The problem was it was in the dairy barn. The phone would accidentally get knocked off the hook in the barn and for hours at a time, no one could use the phone. All you could hear was cows mooing, lol!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Had those rotary phones way back when!

Had a “party line” when I was a kid. ”Party Line” wasn’t what it sounds like. Four families/residences were on the same line. You would pick up the phone and if someone else was using it, you would hear them talking. You hung up and waited. If you were the person having a conversation, you could hear someone else pick up the phone. The polite thing to do was wrap it up so someone else could use the phone!

One of the families had a small dairy operation and had the unheard of luxury of a second telephone. (My gosh HOW CAN ANYONE AFFORD TWO TELEPHONES!) The problem was it was in the dairy barn. The phone would accidentally get knocked off the hook in the barn and for hours at a time, no one could use the phone. All you could hear was cows mooing, lol!
Haha, man you and Core are old! I don’t know anything about those rotaries......just what I’ve heard from “old” people! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478