Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
@CoreSoftball20
Finally got to shoot my new P30L, this is the first 10 rounds ever fired through it, at 10 yards. Had that one flyer at 8:00 which was my fault, other than that I’m pretty happy with it being the first time I’ve ever shot it!
2FC56E78-6814-4959-BA93-FAFD214C962D.png

Dec 11, 2010
@CoreSoftball20
Finally got to shoot my new P30L, this is the first 10 rounds ever fired through it, at 10 yards. Had that one flyer at 8:00 which was my fault, other than that I’m pretty happy with it being the first time I’ve ever shot it!
View attachment 17662
That’s always my first round flyer! Low left. I’m going to work hard and fix that.

Looks like the P30 agrees with you! It’s awesome when it “fits” your shooting.

Qualified with my new G17 last Friday. My gosh it was so tame to shoot after all those years of shooting .40 cal duty rounds out of a G22. I had not shot in an embarrassingly long time and I felt like follow up shots just poured into the middle of the target.

Another thing, this pistol has a different sight set up than I am used to. I got the MOS version and you cover the target with the front sight instead of splitting the target with the top of the front sight if that makes sense. I really liked it. I worry that change will be hard for me but that set up was really much more instinctive for me.

I was also really pleased with the ammo they provided. Federal 147 grain HST’s and a couple boxes of Ranger 124 grain +p’s because I mentioned them in passing and my new boss heard it. I’m going to like that guy, lol.

Have been looking at Trijicon RMR sights. I’m pretty sure when my new gig paychecks start coming in I’m going to order an RMR and a new Surefire X-300.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Another thing, this pistol has a different sight set up than I am used to. I got the MOS version and you cover the target with the front sight instead of splitting the target with the top of the front sight if that makes sense. I really liked it. I worry that change will be hard for me but that set up was really much more instinctive for me.
HK uses the "Dead on hold", Point of Impact will be BEHIND the front sight when sights are aligned.
holds.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478