Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
I had to google S&W 500, holy cow! That is definitely unique!

Man, that thing is a fine piece of machinery. That’s the thing about revolvers, they just seem so refined.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I've never personally shot a S&W 500, I have stood behind a glass and watched a guy shoot one, impressive is a huge understatement! Did you know you can drop a new 44 magnum round into a spend 500 casing and it will disappear? Yep, you can drop it in and it'll shake and rattle around, and you can't see it from the top unless you look in! The largest handgun round I've ever fired was a 454 Casull, I couldn't imagine what a 500 would feel like?

Feb 25, 2018
20200420_110123.jpg

While I posess some opinions that can be viewed as not too sharp, here are three of my fixed blades that are pretty sharp.

Enjoying the firearms discussion. Just wish MA didn't limit my choices! Knives I can get what I want.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
View attachment 17205

While I posess some opinions that can be viewed as not too sharp, here are three of my fixed blades that are pretty sharp.

Enjoying the firearms discussion. Just wish MA didn't limit my choices! Knives I can get what I want.
Hey Blaine, that's 3 great looking fixed blades! Who made that top one? I like all 3 but especially like the overall shape of the top one! I own one fixed blade, an Esee 3HM that's a beater. I have close to 30 Spyderco's folders and just recently bought my first non-Spyderco, a Zero Tolerance 0562......never thought I'd like it as much as I do, great folder, I'll buy another ZT.

Feb 25, 2018
Hey Blaine, that's 3 great looking fixed blades! Who made that top one? I like all 3 but especially like the overall shape of the top one! I own one fixed blade, an Esee 3HM that's a beater. I have close to 30 Spyderco's folders and just recently bought my first non-Spyderco, a Zero Tolerance 0562......never thought I'd like it as much as I do, great folder, I'll buy another ZT.

Top blade was made by Roman Blaha in the Czech Republic; nice guy, easy to work with, top notch craftsmanship.

Other two were made by Robert Erickson out of Michigan. Robert is also a great guy and easy to work with. Also, top quality work.
Robert also does custom kitchen knives.

Feb 25, 2018
Not that I need another knife ( ! ) but I picked up a really nice piece of black bog oak.
Would look really nice with a feathered damascus blade, maybe white liners.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I've never personally shot a S&W 500, I have stood behind a glass and watched a guy shoot one, impressive is a huge understatement! Did you know you can drop a new 44 magnum round into a spend 500 casing and it will disappear? Yep, you can drop it in and it'll shake and rattle around, and you can't see it from the top unless you look in! The largest handgun round I've ever fired was a 454 Casull, I couldn't imagine what a 500 would feel like?

I knew it was a huge round and kick like a mule, but didnt know the round was that big.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA

Man, that thing is a fine piece of machinery. That’s the thing about revolvers, they just seem so refined.

See, I agree...revolvers are so good looking and trying to find the word for it. Refined is probably
the best term I guess...and classic.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Very nice, I think I just bought my 5th HK a few minutes ago? :rolleyes:
Turns out I did! (y) Picking up my grail / unicorn sometime this morning. A HK P30L (long slide) 9mm that I've been looking for for 12 to 15 months. Just happened to be at the right place and the right time! Hopefully I'll get to post up a pic sometime today.

Feb 10, 2016
Illinois

I too was a Spyderco guy but after graduating the academy bought a ZT blade as a backup in my duty kit. Needless to say, I have moved away from Syderco. With the ZT, I like the heft, exceptional build quality, and prefer the ease and method of opening. I still carry my ZT200 daily. Maybe too large for some but this thing is a tank and has never let me down. Its like wearing a watch, you feel naked when its not with you

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2