Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Here is our Rosie. She is a Cavapoo and possible the smartest dog on the planet. Ok, so I exaggerate at times. Rosie can do all kinds of commands. Our neighbors constantly ask if I can train their dogs because they are amazed by her.

My boy, Ranger. He's not the "smartest dog on the planet", but responds well to a lot of commands, and has a good repertoire of tricks that result in him getting snacks. He's of the opinion that anyone driving a delivery truck (mail, UPS, Amazon, etc) is a threat to his domain. Overall, he's a pretty darn good dog.
14936 14937 14939

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
My boy, Ranger. He's not the "smartest dog on the planet", but responds well to a lot of commands, and has a good repertoire of tricks that result in him getting snacks. He's of the opinion that anyone driving a delivery truck (mail, UPS, Amazon, etc) is a threat to his domain. Overall, he's a pretty darn good dog.
View attachment 14936 View attachment 14937 View attachment 14939

Mr. intense in that first pic.........like there’s a driver somewhere that needs a piece of his mind! Great looking pup!

I had a great German Shepherd named Ranger when I was a kid.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I don't hate dogs..just never have had one. Also never been to a concert before..not a fan of crowds...ok to be honest not a fan of people in general..probably why I don't have any friends :LOL:

Im am def not a crowd person myself or a fan of a ton of people around me which means I really never cared
to go to any concert or anything. Sports I never minded because I was in my own element and my own mind
making sure I am doing the things I need to get done. But just a ton of random people, no thanks.

I laughed at your comment and AD's...not liking people much because I say that all the time. AD is right, just more
like the past 10 years. People just seems less courteous and respectful of others in general the past decade or so.
I have some softball buddies I hang with. Other than that, I prefer to be home with the wife, pets and my house
in the woods nice and peaceful...haha

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I had a great German Shepherd named Ranger when I was a kid.

My family had a German Shepherd (Brutus) when I was young and my Grandmother had his sister (Brandy).
Love German Shepherds...sweet dogs and very protective of their family and house.

Right now I have cats because of our lifestyle and work...we just aren't home enough for a dog and we wont get
a dog until we are home more, not fair to the dog. Cats are very much more independent so we roll with them.
I couldn't imagine a house without a pet of some sort. No matter how bad of a day you have, those furry
creatures just make you smile and forget the BS.
I have 4 cats now and we are looking to add one more. All of my cats have been rescues as I guess I have a soft
spot for animals. Even all the ones that have passed away have been rescues that we have found that were injured
or needing help in some way. We have a rescue place we pass going to work and we are going to look at
one of the older cats that have been there the longest. Kittens always gets adopted, but the grown ones
sometimes never get the home they want. The one we are looking at has been there 4 years, so maybe she will fit in with
us.
I will get pics of our babies soon to post.

We even stopped by our house to try and save a little yellow kitten that was hit by a car. I was driving past and saw
these little eyes just looking up at the truck going by. I stopped in the road to block any cars that might come by. He
couldnt use his back legs. This was a Sunday, so finding a vet was tough. We drove him around to a rescue place that
wouldn't take him to look at, then we found pet hospital open. Unfortunately, she said he prob had bad internal
damage and needed to be put down. We paid for cremation and he is in our home now next to our
other past kitties. Atleast the little guy had someone who cared for him...even if it was only for the 4 hours in the car with us and before he was put down we spent more time with him. Man, cant take seeing animals that need help and nobody doing anything.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
My family had a German Shepherd (Brutus) when I was young and my Grandmother had his sister (Brandy).
Love German Shepherds...sweet dogs and very protective of their family and house.

Right now I have cats because of our lifestyle and work...we just aren't home enough for a dog and we wont get
a dog until we are home more, not fair to the dog. Cats are very much more independent so we roll with them.
I couldn't imagine a house without a pet of some sort. No matter how bad of a day you have, those furry
creatures just make you smile and forget the BS.
I have 4 cats now and we are looking to add one more. All of my cats have been rescues as I guess I have a soft
spot for animals. Even all the ones that have passed away have been rescues that we have found that were injured
or needing help in some way. We have a rescue place we pass going to work and we are going to look at
one of the older cats that have been there the longest. Kittens always gets adopted, but the grown ones
sometimes never get the home they want. The one we are looking at has been there 4 years, so maybe she will fit in with
us.
I will get pics of our babies soon to post.

We even stopped by our house to try and save a little yellow kitten that was hit by a car. I was driving past and saw
these little eyes just looking up at the truck going by. I stopped in the road to block any cars that might come by. He
couldnt use his back legs. This was a Sunday, so finding a vet was tough. We drove him around to a rescue place that
wouldn't take him to look at, then we found pet hospital open. Unfortunately, she said he prob had bad internal
damage and needed to be put down. We paid for cremation and he is in our home. Atleast he had someone
for the 4 hours in the car with us and before he was put down we spend more time with him. Man, cant take seeing animals
that need help and nobody doing anything.
That tells me a ton (really all I need to know) about who you are as a person!! (y)

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Been a Glock guy for 30 years, these HK pistols are on another level!
View attachment 15055

Those are some beautiful pistols. I've shot some Glock pistols before as well as H&K's and they're a lot of fun to shoot. A friend of my dad has a gun that looks like an H&K MP5 in semi-automatic and I think it's either a 9 mil or a .45. That gun is so much fun to shoot. I also bought my first pistol. I got a Taurus in a .45. I want to try to get my conceal carry permit but am not sure how to go about getting it. My dad conceal carries though and I'd like to follow in his footsteps. Granted, right now I carry a can of pepper spray since I'm in college but I don't feel the safest even with that.

Reactions: ian
May 24, 2013
So Cal
We've all seen TV shows and movies with laser sights for firearms, pointing a laser beam at the firearm's target. Here's a little known fact...

My dad was part of the design team that first developed this technology for firearms (late '70s) The initial project was intended for LEO use only, and 3 versions were developed - Colt service revolver, shotgun, and AR-15/M-16.

For my dad's dedicated work on the project, the president of the company gifted him a Colt 1911 Gold Cup (just like this)
I'm not much of a gun guy, personally, but I have this and another of my dad's handguns tucked safely away.

My dad passed in '94. I miss him tremendously. Most of all, I wish he could have known his awesome GDDs.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28