Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Funny you say this, I promise the most scared I've ever been in my life was when my wife was in labor with Anna, and I remember thinking every bad, mean, and stupid thing I'd ever done in my life was getting ready to come to a head!! And I would have deserved every bit of it!

I've scared my parents so many times over the years. Having taken friends to the hospital because they did something stupid at a party or somewhere else. The time one of my friends got into an accident in her car (thankfully, I didn't get hurt. But...she got one heck of a ticket out of it and totaled her car). The time I accidentally picked up a Northern Copperhead thinking it was a Northern Water Snake and nearly getting bitten by it. Getting my mom to ride the Batman ride at Six Flags knowing she's very much afraid of heights knowing the ride is a sheer drop ride and telling her "it won't be that bad". Driving my boyfriend's sprint car when he got to the track really early and he was practicing and told me that I could take a few laps around the course in his car. But the worst I scared them was when I was robbed in Philadephia. He scared the crap out me and demanded my money. There are a few things I was thankful for. I was thankful I didn't have my important cards with me. And I'm thankful he didn't get ahold of my cellphone. He only made off with $40 and I had a wallet that carried only the essentials.

But I guess my scaring my parents isn't as bad as what some did to their parents.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
You tell them you’re listening to Zeppelin, the greatest musical group in history! Well, behind today’s rap music! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:, wait there’s a few more!🤮🤮🤮 You probably get my point!

I like Zepplin. They've put out some really good stuff over the years. My beast mode playlist has a lot of metal and hard rock on it. Here's some of the songs I absolutely have to listen to on it before taking the field because they make me feel like such a conqueror...

I absolutely love Wherever I May Roam by Metallica. I get so jacked up and ready to take the field which is usually why I listen to this song shortly before taking the field.

Down With The Sickness by Disturbed. This was one of the last songs I learned how to play on my dad's drum set before he sold it.

Brock Lesnar's WWE theme was actually going to be my walkout music before I would come to the plate for an at-bat before I scrapped it for the song I'm using now. And yes...I'm an unabashed fan of pro-wrestling. Blame my brother for getting me into it.

Tetsuya Naito's NJPW Theme. Funny story about this song. My brother had come home from college and on one of my downtimes from injury, my brother and I would watch wrestling. New Japan Pro Wrestling was a company he got turned onto by his roommate in college. So, when he was home, we watched this company and I was mesmerized by this kinda smallish wrestler who had this defiant attitude...a little like me although I'm nowhere near as defiant as his character. I just fell in love with watching him wrestle. I made the decision this spring, that this would become my walkout music for the summer season as I fell in love with this theme. Plus, it helps I have a bunch of the merch and I got his autograph at a ROH/New Japan show in Philadelphia at the 2300 Arena.

...and here's one I recently fell in love with...

The Resistance by Skillet

Apr 16, 2013
Some may call it sacrilege, but I've never overly cared for Rush or LedZ. *GASP* I know right? :p They're OK, but I don't go gaga over anything of theirs.

This is the exact 3 songs my DD and I listened to just before getting to the field Friday. Now, watching any Slipknot video will trip you out, but this just pumps us up something serious!

And finally, we couldn't get out of the car in the parking lot until this was done:

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Some may call it sacrilege, but I've never overly cared for Rush or LedZ. *GASP* I know right? :p They're OK, but I don't go gaga over anything of theirs.
Dude.......................they're OK?? Raleigh must have given you a heat stroke!! I saw Judas Priest in HS, Rob Halford can hold a scream longer than any other human alive!

Apr 16, 2013
Dude.......................they're OK?? Raleigh must have given you a heat stroke!! I saw Judas Priest in HS, Rob Halford can hold a scream longer than any other human alive!
Haha, I knew that'd get a response. But hey, let's work on our middle ground... Judas Priest has and always will rock! You ever listen to Rob's solo album? Pretty good too. Their newest album (Firepower) is their best ever. Not too many bands get even better after so many years of rocking!

Jun 14, 2018
1. Music depends on the mood. if we are driving to a game the dd wants to hear PM5k, Rob Zombie, etc. That's the "PUMP you UP" music.
2. 8 Seconds, Tommy Boy, Bourne
3. Stag (nobody ask for one at the ball park), Busch Light
4. 49ers, Mizzou, Buckeyes, St. Louis Cards
5. Really getting into the 80% lower builds. Fishing and hunting.
6. Watching Mike Tyson bite Evander Holyfields ear off

Reactions: ian
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
1. Music depends on the mood. if we are driving to a game the dd wants to hear PM5k, Rob Zombie, etc. That's the "PUMP you UP" music.
2. 8 Seconds, Tommy Boy, Bourne
3. Stag (nobody ask for one at the ball park), Busch Light
4. 49ers, Mizzou, Buckeyes, St. Louis Cards
5. Really getting into the 80% lower builds. Fishing and hunting.
6. Watching Mike Tyson bite Evander Holyfields ear off
Tyson / Holyfield “ear” fight. My brother-in-law who’s a great guy, he invited us over to watch the fight, planned it pretty well in advance. New huge expensive flatscreen at the time, smoked ribs and butts, probably 10 lbs of shrimp, all the fixings, have to add, he’s a phenomenal cook!

When the fight started, I remember thinking it was going to be a great brawl, I think it was in the second or third round when the bite took place? We were all stunned (and laughing at what an animal Tyson was, literally), man, when they stopped the fight my BIL went ballistic, no BALLISTIC!!

Probably $300 worth of food? Probably $250 worth of beer, a fairly new flatscreen, he never mentioned one word about any of that! But he was losing his mind over the $120 he spent on Pay-per-view that night!! I’ve never laughed so hard at him before, it still was a very fun night!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802