Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
#1. What ya listening to right now, favorite music? Favorite, bands, musicians? Today it was Jimmy Buffet, Pink Floyd and Michael Frantic/Spearhead (my daughter told me today my music frustrates her....so I guess I'm doing something right)

#2. What's your favorite movie? A movie that'll stop you in your tracks when you're channel surfing? The Natural and Bull Durham (for similar but opposite reasons)

#3. Not a big drinker but.............favorite go to beer? favorite beer is bourbon. Not sure if that counts. No carbs in bourbon.

#4. Favorite sports team? Any sport. St Louis Cardinals. Agree with Cannon. Some day we will have a decent hitting coach and a guy who knows how to manage pitchers. I'm thinking Yadi and Albert would do just fine. But I dream.

#5. Other hobbies, interests besides fastpitch? Gloves, knives, firearms? ;) Small business owner...so that is my hobby. But laying laminate flooring this week for fun. Some day I will reevaluate what it means to have fun. Also enjoy woodworking and shooting. Never seem to have the for either.

Aug 30, 2014
Central Ohio
1- only music I listen to is older country. Proud to say have gotten my DD converted and now we sing all the way to practice and back to it together.
2- tombstone
3- Michelob Ultra
4- THE Ohio State
5 - used to walleye fish competitively, pheasant hunting, sporting clays and golf but all are pretty much back burner now since it seems like any free time is spent watching softball and wouldn’t have it any other way!

Dec 15, 2018
CT
1. Beatles, Pearl Jam, DMB...but dial stuck on Beatles channel as it’s the only thing the kids and I agree on.

2. Goodfellas, the Natural, Miracle

3. We are living in the golden age of beer, so this is pretty impossible to answer. I could visit the package store every day of the week and find something different and better than the last day. That said, almost anything from Treehouse (Charlton MA) will make me happy.

4. Hartford Yard Goats (Rockies affiliate), Yale hockey, Michigan football

5. I run (and race) a lot. Also...Smoking meats, and playing guitar badly

6. Iconic sports memory for me...my mom and I watching Jesse Orosco striking out Marty Barrett in game 7 upstairs while my brother and stepdad watched downstairs...

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Another #6

Kirk Gibson's 1988 HR definitely ranks up there, the drama, the way the stage was scripted, like it just had to happen, I was at my GF's house and we just about destroyed her living room! And don't forget, that was against a very dominate Eckersley!!

Ok, I'm just going to say it, I HATE basketball today, if the NBA went away I'd never miss it one bit! BUT, I tell my 15 year old son who loves basketball, he has no idea about the basketball era I got to watch........when the playoffs and the finals were insane!

Jordan, Magic, Bird, Worthy, Thomas, and many more! Jordan and the Bulls in the finals............as good as basketball got to me!

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Another #6

Kirk Gibson's 1988 HR definitely ranks up there, the drama, the way the stage was scripted, like it just had to happen, I was at my GF's house and we just about destroyed her living room! And don't forget, that was against a very dominate Eckersley!!

Ok, I'm just going to say it, I HATE basketball today, if the NBA went away I'd never miss it one bit! BUT, I tell my 15 year old son who loves basketball, he has no idea about the basketball era I got to watch........when the playoffs and the finals were insane!

Jordan, Magic, Bird, Worthy, Thomas, and many more! Jordan and the Bulls in the finals............as good as basketball got to me!
It was my wife’s birthday, we were on our honeymoon. Spent the day at Martha’s Vineyard Just got to our hotel room and turned on the TV, first thing we had watched in 8 days, just as Gibby was announced. I remember saying to my wife “I thought he was hurt”. Watched that at bat.

But my favorite sports memory that doesn’t include my kids would be when Steve Yzerman was handed the Stanley cup the first time.

May 12, 2016
It was my wife’s birthday, we were on our honeymoon. Spent the day at Martha’s Vineyard Just got to our hotel room and turned on the TV, first thing we had watched in 8 days, just as Gibby was announced. I remember saying to my wife “I thought he was hurt”. Watched that at bat.

But my favorite sports memory that doesn’t include my kids would be when Steve Yzerman was handed the Stanley cup the first time.

Funny story, people have always said I look like Stevie Y. Especially when I was younger and had hair, :). I even had people at bars approach me and ask If they could have my autograph, lol. Great player and most certainly a great moment.

May 12, 2016
Another #6

Jordan's "Flu Game (rumored to actually be food poisoning) is one of the greatest memories I have. So honored to have the privilege of watching him live.

Dec 11, 2010
#1. What ya listening to right now, favorite music? Favorite, bands, musicians?

I’m not from STL but a buddy sent me a text that 105.7 The Point is doing a “Way Back Weekend”.

It’s all hard rock/alt from the mid-90’s. One of my favorite time periods of rock and roll and it’s been blasting all day. Songs I haven’t heard in years.

They have their own app and it can also be found on the Tune In app.

May 12, 2016
#1. What ya listening to right now, favorite music? Favorite, bands, musicians?

I’m not from STL but a buddy sent me a text that 105.7 The Point is doing a “Way Back Weekend”.

It’s all hard rock/alt from the mid-90’s. One of my favorite time periods of rock and roll and it’s been blasting all day. Songs I haven’t heard in years.

They have their own app and it can also be found on the Tune In app.
Can't stream it outside of the States.. but similar station can be found in Canada

They play this type of music most of the time and some older stuff like Led Zeppelin, Sabbath etc

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee