Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
EricF and I were texting a little bit ago and we got on this Sports movie thing...there are sooo many good ones and your mind
just cant think of all of them at the drop of a hat. Then afterwards, they start coming to you...haha

Yep. After we talked, I thought of a few more that we didn't list.

Oct 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
#1. What ya listening to right now, favorite music? Favorite, bands, musicians?

I'm like Prince. I only listen to my own music. OK, once is a while I'll listen to The Kinks, The Clash, The Beatles, Oasis, David Bowie, Paul Weller, The Libertines, The Jam or The Who.

#2. What's your favorite movie? A movie that'll stop you in your tracks when you're channel surfing?

Lawrence of Arabia is my favorite movie. I can't think of one that'll I'll stop and watch if surfing.

#3. Not a big drinker but.............favorite go to beer?

Georgetown Brewery's Manny's Pale Ale if I'm out (it's only available on draught) or Deschutes Mirror Pond at home.

#4. Favorite sports team? Any sport.

Seattle Seahawks

#5. Other hobbies, interests besides fastpitch? Gloves, knives, firearms? ;) Guess I just answered that one!

Reading history books, writing and recording music.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
You guys are making this alcohol thing seem appealing..I need to stop reading while the DD is slumping 🤣
If it weren't for my wife, both my kids, my job, softball, and probably 20 other things, I'd easily live in a shack in the woods on a 100 acres and be a professional beer (think IPA) taster from early in the morning until I fell down!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
With all the favorite band post, I'll ask the following two questions...
First concert ever attended?
Rolling Stones - 1975 - GAtor Bowl, Jacksonville, FL

Favorite concert attended?
Queen - 1977 (?) Atlanta, GA
Wow, you have to be the only guy here older than me! Never saw Queen but I saw the Stones twice, once at Ericsson Stadium in October 1997 and again at the Charlotte Coliseum in March of 99. Both very entertaining shows, hey it's the Rolling Stones! I still remember Blues Traveler opening for the Stones at Ericsson, I'm a huge fan of Blues Traveler but they looked like a Jr. high talent show band on that massive production stage set up for the Stones! Way over their heads!

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, you have to be the only guy here older than me! Never saw Queen but I saw the Stones twice, once at Ericsson Stadium in October 1997 and again at the Charlotte Coliseum in March of 99. Both very entertaining shows, hey it's the Rolling Stones! I still remember Blues Traveler opening for the Stones at Ericsson, I'm a huge fan of Blues Traveler but they looked like a Jr. high talent show band on that massive production stage set up for the Stones! Way over their heads!
Yep, I'm old 👴
I was 15 when I saw the Stones, "spent the night at a friends house" and he told his parents he was staying with me. Can't believe we got away with that one. Boy, times were sure different then.
I loved the 70's and early 80's great music and concerts were under $20

Dec 11, 2010
With all the favorite band post, I'll ask the following two questions...
First concert ever attended?
Rolling Stones - 1975 - GAtor Bowl, Jacksonville, FL

Favorite concert attended?
Queen - 1977 (?) Atlanta, GA

Holy cow! Both at the top of their game.

I’m also pretty jealous of anyone that saw Page/Plant in pretty much any form...

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I’m also pretty jealous of anyone that saw Page/Plant in pretty much any form...
That'd be me, May 26th 1998, and there's no shame in being jealous of me on this one!!! 😜 Incredible show!

I want to say it's a top 3 show for me, but in reality if I could go back and see ANY show I've seen before.......it'd be that show! So I guess that puts it at #1.

Dec 11, 2010
Any band that can end the main set with “Whole Lotta Love” and then finish the night with “Rock and Roll” pretty much wins.

What a powerhouse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12