Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Any of our Northern members here ever try Peter Luger steak sauce, Core?

Sweeter than anything I normally like, I like EVERYTHING spicy, but it has a great horseradish finish.

Note........I’ve used it on everything but steak! ;)
1B1CD0F2-1285-4752-897A-30262FEE1F7C.jpeg

Sep 19, 2018
As the son of a butcher, and someone that practically grew up in a butcher shop, I find the concept of bottled steak sauce offensive.

Side note I was watching a Food Network show on a NYC steak house (IIRC it was Peter Lugers but maybe not.). They showed their aging cooler. At any given point in time, they have over $100K in meat aging.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
As the son of a butcher, and someone that practically grew up in a butcher shop, I find the concept of bottled steak sauce offensive.

Side note I was watching a Food Network show on a NYC steak house (IIRC it was Peter Lugers but maybe not.). They showed their aging cooler. At any given point in time, they have over $100K in meat aging.
Well just tell me how you feel cnardone, and please don't hold back! I think you're right about that episode, that's where I first saw this sauce. My local Harris Teeter always carries it and I've looked at it for well over a year, it was on sale one Saturday so I gave it a try...........it's really good on chicken!

I promise you it's unlike any other steak sauce that you're used to!

Sep 19, 2018
Ok, on a sandwich with cheese and onions. I'll see if i run across it at my local grocery store. Slightly off topic (or back on topic?), have you gotten to touch any of the new gloves from Marucci yet? From what I've read, the cmod really creates a snug fit, which my dd really needs. I don't see a Cmod for softball yet, but I am very interested in it.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Ok, on a sandwich with cheese and onions. I'll see if i run across it at my local grocery store. Slightly off topic (or back on topic?), have you gotten to touch any of the new gloves from Marucci yet? From what I've read, the cmod really creates a snug fit, which my dd really needs. I don't see a Cmod for softball yet, but I am very interested in it.
Nope, in fact I've only got to play around with one Marucci glove before, it was a 12" H-web Capitol series, dang nice glove!! I've never seen or held a CMOD, or even one of Carpenter's originals gloves!

I'm sure you already know this, the Marucci CMOD's are different than Scott's original design, I think the MOD is just in the thumb & pinky on the Marucci..........I think?

I'm sure they're nice, well thought out & designed, but I swear I think I'd miss the feeling of some good old worn leather in the palm liner. But then again I've never tried one!

Sep 19, 2018
I swear I think I'd miss the feeling of some good old worn leather in the palm liner. But then again I've never tried one!
You may miss the feeling. I might as well. I really like the way the A2K (Yes, I said it), and the Pro Preferred feel inside, but I am not sure my DD will. She is constantly complaining that there is too much wiggle when she pitches. And wearing a batting glove underneath is too hot.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
You may miss the feeling. I might as well. I really like the way the A2K (Yes, I said it), and the Pro Preferred feel inside, but I am not sure my DD will. She is constantly complaining that there is too much wiggle when she pitches. And wearing a batting glove underneath is too hot.
What age & size is your DD? What glove is she using now?

Sep 19, 2018
She just turned 11. She is short with small hands. 4'7''. WIlson A500 that is ready to be replaced. As noted above, she complains about it. Then when I talk to her about a new one, she says "That's MY glove. I don't want a new one." sigh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
re.todd22