Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I don't even know how to make this avatar fit ever since they started the new format here how long ago...haha. Now I have to figure
out how to put another on here :)

Oct 1, 2014
USA
This was fun, I enjoyed reading and hearing about many of your interests, favorites and sense of humors!

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
AD, only us older folk know what those real toys were...hahaha. Back then, you took all those
trucks out to your dirt area where you made roads and actually played.

I always think of Buffalo when I see Tatonka, only because of where he lives and that the buffalo
can withstand that sh!tty snow and cold :). Before I knew where he was, I def always thought
about the toys...haha

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Speaking of new toys...look at this beauty that came in...great looking bat from Anarchy. Came
in Friday to the bat cave. Kinda cold today and will be Monday as well. But Tuesday looks to be back
up to almost 60 so I will venture out and hit in the net and get some swings on it.

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 18
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 17
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 16
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Speaking of new toys...look at this beauty that came in...great looking bat from Anarchy. Came
in Friday to the bat cave. Kinda cold today and will be Monday as well. But Tuesday looks to be back
up to almost 60 so I will venture out and hit in the net and get some swings on it.
Never heard of them, let’s hear some details Batman!

As far as the old Tonka trucks, the originals were some bad a$$ American toys! Mine were threw off of houses, threw out of the tops of trees, set on fire, tied behind bicycles for miles!

My latest memories of Tonka trucks were when Anna was playing 10 & 12U in Charlotte, there was this complex that had this HUGE dirt pile. Of course she’s playing, I’m coaching, my son who’s two years younger than Anna would take his Tonka, there’d be 8 or 10 boys (brothers) riding those trucks down that hill, it was hilarious.

Of course in between games when we wanted to girls to cool down and rest.........where do you think those girls were? My son rode home in just a pair of Jockeys from those tournaments many times!

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Hell yeah AD...those toys were beasts...back then metal was actually used and made to last...not plastic.
Even the bar connecting the other tire was metal. You could def put your weight on those things.

I was a little more particular when I played...my OCD was back then too. I had to make roads and
stuff...hahaha. But I had an area out the side my house when I was little that I made like a whole dirt city
in.

My gram had one toy at her house that was my dad's. It was a black, old tow truck that was all metal. Even had a real rope and tow hook on the back, the pulley and crank worked. Only thing I wanted when she passed away, it was mint. But the f'in family wolves cleaned house. My dad had a very rough childhood
and this toy was like the only thing he had when he was young. Think I saw one on some ebay or something and it was worth a lot. Even when I was young with all the new stuff coming out, I still
thought that was one of the coolest toys I every saw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28