Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Lets get back to music...................................
Favorite underrated guitar players

My choices
Frank Zappa
Alex Lifeson
Prince
Edited to add Rik Emmett
Underrated?
I'd hardly call Alex Lifeson underrated! He's an insanely talented guitar player who's had a phenomenal career! Now granted today's kids and music fans are probably not too familiar with Rush, but us old 80's & 90's Rush fans know exactly how good of a guitarist he is!

May 6, 2015
Never ever smoked anything legal before in my life, seriously, I've never once tried a cigarette or a cigar! And when me and my wife started dating in 1997, the other smoking stopped! :oops: :mad: My "bad" vice has always been beer, the greatest accomplishment in the history of mankind!
“God made beer because he loves us and wants us to be happy.” Ben Franklin

Oct 27, 2017
Underrated?
I'd hardly call Alex Lifeson underrated! He's an insanely talented guitar player who's had a phenomenal career! Now granted today's kids and music fans are probably not too familiar with Rush, but us old 80's & 90's Rush fans know exactly how good of a guitarist he is!
I agree Alex has a great resumé with Rush, but outside of Rush fans (one of my top 3 bands) he does not get the respect he deserves. This is why I include him on my list.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Tim Reynolds.
Lindsey Buckingham.
Kim Thayil.

I maybe wrong asking this because I haven't been able to keep up with what's been happening on here since we've been studying for mid-term exams coming up. But who is Lindsey Buckingham and Kim Thayil? Are they part of Rush who I have been reading you guys discussing? I've heard a little bit of their music and they aren't too bad and I kinda like them.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I maybe wrong asking this because I haven't been able to keep up with what's been happening on here since we've been studying for mid-term exams coming up. But who is Lindsey Buckingham and Kim Thayil? Are they part of Rush who I have been reading you guys discussing? I've heard a little bit of their music and they aren't too bad and I kinda like them.
Lindsey was with Fleetwood Mac, insanely talented musician and Kim was the guitarist for Soundgarden.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Off topic so here goes...........what's some of your favorite indulgences? Other than a killer IPA.

I love salsa, I'm a really good cook but have never made salsa before. My favorite store bought is Mateo, in my town It's only available at Publix, it's hands down my favorite store bought, and it's great every time! I went to watch Anna play this past Friday night against Furman University, around 9:30 she took me to a taco joint in downtown Greenville, Cantina 76. She said "Dad, the chips and salsa are NOT complimentary here, you have to pay for it." I could have taken a bath in that salsa, without a doubt the best salsa I've ever tasted, period! If you're ever in Greenville, SC.......go there!! Tacos were also on par with the salsa! I would have paid whatever for their salsa!

Next up......
Smoked cheese!! Walmart has a couple from Red apple, either their smoked Cheddar or their smoked Gouda, both excellent! Some of your nicer supermarkets carry the Boars Head Smoked Wisconsin Cheddar, also great but just a little more spendy! Definitely an acquired taste but me and my son love it!

Hmm...favorite indulgences...I'd have to say my favorite indulgences would have to be that rare time I go to Starbucks and get one of their overpriced coffees and those times I get to go to a premium burger place with my dad and have a premium burger. I remember coming back from tournaments in Central PA and my dad and I would stop at Fuddrucker's in Hershey. He'd order a quarter-pound bacon cheeseburger with fries and a shake and I'd order an Ostrich burger and share some onion rings with my dad while he'd share some of his fries with me. I'd also have a shake as well. Good times. We miss not having a decent premium burger place near where I go to school unless you want to go to a steakhouse or a fast food place.

I also love a good salsa. We have a Mexican place near where I go to school, where they have killer salsa as well as pico de gallo. The last time I indulged was last weekend when my brother, my sister-in-law, and niece were up, visiting from Newark, Delaware and we had to have some good Mexican. Absolutely killer food and the salsa wasn't too hot with the fresh jalapenos in it.

I've had smoked cheese before and it's really good. My mom would buy some smoked Gouda from Sharp Shopper, which is a local discount grocery chain. We'd make grilled cheese sandwiches with it and it was so good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee