Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
Great price. Like the double/single action trigger.

I’ll probably keep my G27, the serial number is three letters and 000 which I always thought was unique.

Also thinking about a reflex sight. Seems like the good old days of 7 yard pistol fights are over. Stupid mass shooters make me place a premium on long range accuracy which sure isn’t what pistols are about. Got a little bit of paralysis by analysis on this one.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Great price. Like the double/single action trigger.

I’ll probably keep my G27, the serial number is three letters and 000 which I always thought was unique.

Also thinking about a reflex sight. Seems like the good old days of 7 yard pistol fights are over. Stupid mass shooters make me place a premium on long range accuracy which sure isn’t what pistols are about. Got a little bit of paralysis by analysis on this one.
As for HK triggers, I have two HK's with the light LEM trigger I've been shooting quite a bit lately, definitely an acquired taste but really well thought out engineering and design! This latest USP I bought is a DA/SA trigger which after shooting Glocks for over 30 years I was surprised at just how well I quickly adapted to it and shot it really good! Probably 300 more rounds through it and it will become my dedicated nightstand pistol!

I haven't delved into a RMR pistol yet, honestly I probably never will? Glock has really gotten on board offering the MOS feature to a huge number of their models!

Pretty sad the line of thinking that made you write that last sentence!! I have my own thoughts on this mass shooting epidemic and it starts with the word A*G*E*N*D*A*!!! I'll leave it at that.

Apr 26, 2019
Just two guys with differing views / opinions, nothing wrong with that! With my two, especially my son, I took the intrigue and curiosity out of the subject

I wanted them, again especially him to know the seriousness, the power, and the reality of pulling a trigger. Now he’s like Ho-hum, yawn.

Just know, there’s NEVER a pistol left sitting out in my house, ever!

Have you seen these? I don't have one (yet). But, I know a couple people that do and they are fans.

Apr 26, 2019
Those are some beautiful pistols. I've shot some Glock pistols before as well as H&K's and they're a lot of fun to shoot. A friend of my dad has a gun that looks like an H&K MP5 in semi-automatic and I think it's either a 9 mil or a .45. That gun is so much fun to shoot. I also bought my first pistol. I got a Taurus in a .45. I want to try to get my conceal carry permit but am not sure how to go about getting it. My dad conceal carries though and I'd like to follow in his footsteps. Granted, right now I carry a can of pepper spray since I'm in college but I don't feel the safest even with that.

If/when you get it, you may want to look into taking a tactical/combat pistol course. Standing static on a line and firing a few rounds can help with marksmanship but when things break bad and you are dealing with the corresponding tunnel vision and reduction in audio senses from your body's adrenaline dump every bit of training helps. I'm not trying to be overly dramatic but it could save your life.

You've probably thought of this but you might want to check your school's policy on firearms on campus and in campus housing. It would be a shame if you got kicked out of school or arrested

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
I'll tell a top sports moment story.

As a Philadelphia sports fan, we will remember the great moments our Philly sports teams had. like the 1980 Phillies winning the World Series. The Joe Carter shot to end game 6 of the 1993 World Series off of Mitch Williams at Skydome in Toronto. The 2008 World Series win and the 2017 Superbowl win by the Eagles. But there is a personal moment I'll remember for a while that stood out to me.

A few years ago, my mom and I were watching a movie on Lifetime about a pact between a bunch of girls at an all-girls school to become pregnant to their boyfriends. A commercial comes on for both Ancestory.com and 23andme.com about their reports on your DNA. Mom had been working on a genealogy project chronicling our family tree. So we looked at each other and figured why not. So mom ordered the kits for her, dad and I to do. So, we gather up our DNA samples and send them off to where they go and we wait for our results to come back. I found out some really interesting things about my family. My dad has a mostly Irish, English and German bloodline and I find out my mom has a mostly Japanese, Korean, and Hawaiian bloodline. The funny thing is...my brother and younger sister genetically took after my dad. They're tall and have light Asian features. I took more to my mom genetically. I have the darker skin, shortness (thanks, mom, lol), and the more almond eyes. Late in middle school or early in high school in one of my I think it was either social studies or science, we had an assignment about your family tree. So I included mom's research about our family tree and I used my reports from the two DNA places. One of the really cool things I learned was I have a really large extended family both on mom and dad's sides of the family.

One of the things I enjoy watching is MMA. My grandfather was really into boxing. My dad was into both MMA and boxing. My brother and I got into MMA through our dad. My dad also got my grandfather into MMA. They were huge Conor McGregor fans. I never was a Conor McGregor fan because I always thought he was very brash, arrogant and cocky. I always wanted to see him get knocked out. Me, personally, I"m a Georges St. Pierre fan but I absolutely love watching Paige Van Zant and Rose "Thug" Namanunez compete in the octagon. Ever since seeing Rose fight for the first time, if I wasn't playing softball, I wanted to train in MMA. She's my favorite nonbaseball/softball athlete hands down. The night of Conor's incident with throwing the chair and other stuff at the bus that Rose and some other fighters on it made me despise McGregor even more than I already did. I was surprised to learn my distant cousin was at the arena the night this incident happened.

Anyhow, when I learned Conor was fighting Khabib at UFC 229, we got a little bet going. I'm not going to go into the details here...but...it was something that we all would have found funny...at least around our house. Everyone at home was saying Conor would win. I was pulling for Khabib. I was so shocked when I saw Khabib get the win knocking out McGregor. It was also the incident post-fight that helped turn me against McGregor as well. Great night for me when I collected.

But the post-fight brawl made the night even more worth it because it put on display how much I despise McGregor and made him look even worse.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
gabby, are you going to college in your home State or out of State? Find a nice reputable gun shop in your area that has a range, most offer CCW classes or at least can point you to someone who does offer them.

I’ll have to renew mine in 2020, that’ll make 20 years I’ve had mine.

Pepper spray is definitely better than nothing, Anna carries it also! I tell her if she suspects anything is wrong or someone makes her feel very uncomfortable or scared.......blast them and don’t let up, we’ll deal with the consequences later! I’d much rather her (and me) get our hands slapped for being wrong than something really scary happen to her! Some may not agree with that approach but oh well.

Also gabby, now that you’re in college, there’s going to be parties, NEVER EVER drink out of an open cup and never let whatever you’re drinking out of your sight, in fact hold on to it and never sit it down!

Some AH slipping something in my DD’s drink terrifies me! We live in a different world, girls have to be smart and NEVER let their guard down!

I'm going to college in-state. Although, it wouldn't have been hard for me to have gotten into school up to 6 or 8 hours driving time away. But, I'm very happy with the school I'm going to in Mennonite country in Rural Pennsylvania. I did go to a reputable sporting goods store in my area when I bought my pistol where my dad and I would typically buy shotgun shells and fishing bait. I think they have a range as well, but, I'm not sure if he's certified to teach CCW.

I like carrying pepper spray, as well and I'm not surprised Anna carries as well. I also have a personal alarm I carry as well which is my first line of defense. If that doesn't work and the cretin is still coming at me, then I'll spray him.

The party thing my dad and my brother has already drilled into me. They've drilled into me that parties although a fun place can be very dangerous. They also told me to never pick up a drink that I've walked away from after sitting it down and coming back to it cause you never know if it's been drugged. I've been to probably 3 or 4 parties and had alcohol at two of them. I've never gotten drunk at a party though. Which...is a good thing. I've heard so many stories of stuff that's happened at college parties that makes me so leary. But, my roommate and I's Chamomile tea nightcaps at 2 am are legendary at least to us. :ROFLMAO: :coffee:

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Question for you guys. How are your favorite MLB teams fairing coming to the end of the season? I'm bummed that my beloved Phillies aren't going to make the post-season as a wild card. There are a lot of people putting the blame for how this season has planned out squarely at the feet of Gabe Kapler who I don't think deserves the heat he's gotten yet. We couldn't foresee McCutchen going down for the season. We couldn't foresee what happened with Dubes and we couldn't foresee what happened with our rotation or our pen.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Question for you guys. How are your favorite MLB teams fairing coming to the end of the season? I'm bummed that my beloved Phillies aren't going to make the post-season as a wild card. There are a lot of people putting the blame for how this season has planned out squarely at the feet of Gabe Kapler who I don't think deserves the heat he's gotten yet. We couldn't foresee McCutchen going down for the season. We couldn't foresee what happened with Dubes and we couldn't foresee what happened with our rotation or our pen.
Seeing as how much I like conversing with you and you seem to be such a sweetheart, I’ll keep my Philly opinions to myself!! ;)

But haha!

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Phillies fan here as well Gabs. Cutch getting hurt was big for us, but bigger was the complete destruction of the bullpen
by injuries. Every main guy went down including all the people we signed...like 9 bullpen guys got hurt and most were season
ending in the beginning of the year. So we were pretty much getting guys off the scrap pile to throw. The bullpen
was dreadful.

BUT, worse was the front office thinking the starting pitching staff (rememeber, Arrieta was hurt all year too and
pitched terrible until they shut him down), besides Nola and Arrieta, was going to be good enough. None of these guys
were big league pitchers. Efflin had some good games, but all around terrible. Every single one was sent to the bullpen
or minors multiple times during the year.

And honestly, what pisses me off is the sheer lack of interest in Dallas Kuechel or Josh Donaldson for one year rentals
like Atlanta did for them. Donaldson is gonna hit 40 homers and Kuechel has a low 3 ERA. They got them both for cheap
one year contracts where it was a no brainer for a team...if they suck, you have nothing invested, if they did awesome...like
they did...you got a steal. Yet the Phillies did nothing. They didn't even make a run for JA Happ for a few bucks.

I will also say, for the Harper haters...leave the dude alone. The guy hit .260, will hit 35-37 homers, 110 RBI's, 100 runs scored.
And, the dude played one hell of an outfield and is tied for the most outfield assists in the NL. If the Phillies were in the playoffs,
MVP would be considered.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812