Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Overall, I agree and I will always be a gas burning, gearhead (less chips please). But, there is also no denying the performance, torque and speed capabilities of an electric motor. Just stop shoving them down my throat in the name of....I'll stop there.
Yeah, and who is buying these cars for the everyday person? Shove a vehicle that many middle class people cant afford down their throat.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Truth. I have a Kubota L-series (compact utility) that I picked up about 10 years ago with only 50hrs on it. That damn thing has been an amazing workhorse for most of my needs. I've worn through the bucket and rear blade but the diesel, hydraulics and over build is solid. However as you point out there's a big difference as you step up the ladder and there have been many times when it just didn't have the oomph. There is no replacement for displacement, weight and girth when talking tractors!

Also wish I had an enclosed cab for these winters!

Nice tractor WW...nuthin' runs like a Deere!
You have 50 hours on a 10 yo tractor...tells me you dont work enough :)

Dec 11, 2010
Truth. I have a Kubota L-series (compact utility) that I picked up about 10 years ago with only 50hrs on it. That damn thing has been an amazing workhorse for most of my needs. I've worn through the bucket and rear blade but the diesel, hydraulics and over build is solid. However as you point out there's a big difference as you step up the ladder and there have been many times when it just didn't have the oomph. There is no replacement for displacement, weight and girth when talking tractors!

Also wish I had an enclosed cab for these winters!

Nice tractor WW...nuthin' runs like a Deere!
Kubotas are great tractors. I looked at them pretty hard. Probably have a nicer cab, the Deere cab hasn’t been updated in years. To get into the horsepower range I wanted, I had an issue with the overall height of the tractor- it was just a few inches taller and it wouldn’t fit in the door of my shed! Plus everything was so hard to get last year, nothing was available.

My old tractor was a 2wd 2640 so about 80 horse. Now I’m 75ish engine horse and 4wd. Man, I think I have more capacity than I will use- which is good. And 4wd is an absolute game changer. The bad is that I would have to go back to a Superduty and a gooseneck if I ever want to haul it on a trailer.

Dec 11, 2010
Was the concert good? I dig a lot of her stuff.
It was. I don’t know any of her songs but my wife really enjoyed it. I’ve never been to a pop concert before so that was a little different

She did all the diva stuff with dancers, but it was obvious she did all the singing. She can sing.

What impressed me was she did a handful of songs banging on a piano unaccompanied. That was pretty damn impressive. Not many people can play a piano and sing and be THAT entertaining. And I’m pretty sure Elton John and Billy Joel can’t dance like that!

The last time I was at that venue was for the Foo Fighters. Almost 4 years to the day.

Dec 11, 2010
Yeah, and who is buying these cars for the everyday person? Shove a vehicle that many middle class people cant afford down their throat.
It seems like younger folks just aren’t as interested in cars like we were.

Both DD’s are in their 20’s and would take my old Superduty if they were going to the drive in movie so they could sit in the back. Neither one has shown much interest in driving my Raptor…. I can’t figure that!

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Kubotas are great tractors. I looked at them pretty hard. Probably have a nicer cab, the Deere cab hasn’t been updated in years. To get into the horsepower range I wanted, I had an issue with the overall height of the tractor- it was just a few inches taller and it wouldn’t fit in the door of my shed! Plus everything was so hard to get last year, nothing was available.

My old tractor was a 2wd 2640 so about 80 horse. Now I’m 75ish engine horse and 4wd. Man, I think I have more capacity than I will use- which is good. And 4wd is an absolute game changer. The bad is that I would have to go back to a Superduty and a gooseneck if I ever want to haul it on a trailer.
4wd was a must have for me out here. Often I wish I had a wider wheelbase though, it can get kinda tippy real quick! Knock wood, I haven't had to take it off the ranch since i brought it home on a flatbed towed by my old Chevy 1/2 ton (which I also still have).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FPVQ23