Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
I'll play

I like Country, Reggea mostly. Austin Texas Koke FM for country, no candy country crap.
Reggea
Beres Hammond

Etana

Buju

Movies
Spies like us, The jerk, Stripes 80's comedy

I dont discriminate. I do love a super citrusy IPA of +6% but a Guinness or Miller light is also good.

Favorite sports team is any team one of my children currently play for. SF Giants for professional team.

I like fishing and accumulating large amounts of firearms and ammo. I like old firearms but modern are great too.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
#6 I'll just list the most iconic sports moments I attended. I watched Barry hit 71 and 72 against the dastardly dodgers. That was awesome. Last fall I was at Kyle Field and watched Texas A&M and LSU go 7 OT's and score the most points ever in a college football game. Incredible game.

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
#1. What ya listening to right now, favorite music? Favorite, bands, musicians?

I don't listen to music much for fun anymore. That stopped when I started working as a musician and never really came back when I stopped, but I do listen to a lot of podcasts now.

#2. What's your favorite movie? A movie that'll stop you in your tracks when you're channel surfing?

Tombstone. Donnie Brasco. I don't watch a lot of TV/Movies.

#3. Not a big drinker but.............favorite go to beer?

I'm kind of into sours lately but I like almost everything except for super bitter IPAs (which I realize are kind of the thing right now- I'm sorry).

#4. Favorite sports team? Any sport.

I guess maybe Oklahoma State softball and baseball. We have the Dodgers AAA affiliate here so we kind of pull for the Dodgers. With no pro teams in Oklahoma until I was an adult and my parents not following sports, I kind of became a fan of leagues and players, and not necessarily teams as much. We watch a lot of MLB in general, and softball when we can get it.

#5. Other hobbies, interests besides fastpitch? Gloves, knives, firearms? ;) Guess I just answered that one!

My main hobby is dodging AD's messages about gloves I should buy, but I also really enjoy hiking, and a couple of other out-of-doors pursuits, but I don't get to do it much, because of the kids' baseball and softball seasons.

#6. Most iconic sports moment?

Even though I was older when it happened, I think maybe watching Tiger win the 2008 U.S. Open.

One of the only other moments, aside from Tiger forcing the playoff and then sudden death in 2008, that's ever made me audibly gasp and say "Holy sh!t, he did it" was American Pharaoh winning the Belmont. I don't even enjoy horse racing, but that was something I wasn't even alive for, the last time it happened.

Edit: fixed my formatting nightmare

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Well, to be honest...gloves aren't like bats...people love to try new bats. Gloves, people would rather
use one for 20 years. Being a "glove hoarder" is much less thrilling than a bat collector :)

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Well, to be honest...gloves aren't like bats...people love to try new bats. Gloves, people would rather
use one for 20 years. Being a "glove hoarder" is much less thrilling than a bat collector :)
I have to agree with you on that! Although....showing up to every practice, scrimmage, tournament with a different glove is fun, at least for me!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom