Grrr.. Marucci FX Connect 31/20 outer shell delamination

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Well the replacement Marucci is cracking again, same way. This despite the fact she has only been using it for a little over a month and for less than half her swings!!!!!
I am going to call them and see what they can do, probably nothing but worth a try I guess. Not even sure another replacement is worth it at this point..

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Are you hitting hardballs with this thing or something...haha? You are the only person I have heard this with to be completely honest
and I have sold many used as team bats for people.

Jun 8, 2016
Are you hitting hardballs with this thing or something...haha? You are the only person I have heard this with to be completely honest

She weighs 70 lbs and is hitting 11" balls. The bat is kept in her room when she is not hitting..I honestly don't understand it. When she told/showed me last night when we were hitting I was
like %$&@# (under my breath of course..)

If they offer to give me another you think I should just go with a drop 10 and hope that it is sturdier? I might just sell it anyway if they do give another..

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I would go to a drop 10 and see what happens...don't just let them say no to another return. Be cool, but insist on a return because of a possible fault in that size product from the line.

And don't be shy to throw around the "I was gonna buy another manufacturers bat, but bought yours because of durability, and now it seems your bats are worse. I like supporting
Marrucci, but if you cant stand behind a product that a small girl keeps breaking then maybe I have to look elsewhere". Again, say it cool and calm, don't order people
around, but let them know its not ok.

They should have no problem giving you another.

I would step in and voice my opinion, but I have kinda already done that so my "pull" is probably unwanted right now...haha. I was only pointing
out facts.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
I would go to a drop 10 and see what happens...don't just let them say no to another return. Be cool, but insist on a return because of a possible fault in that size product from the line.

And don't be shy to throw around the "I was gonna buy another manufacturers bat, but bought yours because of durability, and now it seems your bats are worse. I like supporting
Marrucci, but if you cant stand behind a product that a small girl keeps breaking then maybe I have to look elsewhere". Again, say it cool and calm, don't order people
around, but let them know its not ok.

They should have no problem giving you another.

I would step in and voice my opinion, but I have kinda already done that so my "pull" is probably unwanted right now...haha. I was only pointing
out facts.

Thanks. We'll see I guess.

Jun 8, 2016
They are willing to send a second replacement so that is good. They suggested, as I was thinking, for her to go to a drop 10 since "she appears to have a really hard swing..." LOL
Her Mako she is swinging is a drop 10 (31") and she swings it fine so we'll see.

Jun 8, 2016
Well third time wasn't a charm..third bat started to crack again last night after about 3 months of part time use.. Looks like she will be using the Mako for the rest of the year and I won't be getting a Marucci again.

Edit: If I wanted to pick up another used bat as a backup to her Mako, and I cannot find another Mako, what do you think would have a similar feel? I have found a CF6 for under $100 but wasn't sure how much different that would be to the Mako.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
re.todd22