$$$ Grant Equipment Buy

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 9, 2019
how many baseball fields are there. if they have ore than one, fight them based on TITLE IX. if baseball has a varisty and JV field, then they need to do same for softball

nope. Just one long field that is used by soccer during the “winter” here in Phoenix and then the baseball and softball are on opposite ends. We don’t have a football team so there is no football field.

Nov 18, 2015
My 10U’s use 29/30” bats - are you sure that’s the right size for a high school program?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 18, 2015
Ands great idea on the batting mats. Nothing kills grass faster than taking a team taking few cuts in the same spot. With the amount of use that field will get, any time you don’t have to step on the grass will help keep it looking good for game day.

Or even if it’s just to cover artificial turf. (Since it’s Phoenix, not sure what playing surface you have).

Oct 9, 2019
My 10U’s use 29/30” bats - are you sure that’s the right size for a high school program?

My girls struggle to swing anything over 32inches. A majority are shorter than 5'5 and pretty weak in terms of strength. My hope is that the younger girls will use these bats and grow out of them and be able to swing 32 and larger.

Oct 9, 2019
Ands great idea on the batting mats. Nothing kills grass faster than taking a team taking few cuts in the same spot. With the amount of use that field will get, any time you don’t have to step on the grass will help keep it looking good for game day.

Or even if it’s just to cover artificial turf. (Since it’s Phoenix, not sure what playing surface you have).

The mats will be used in our one lane gravel batting cage and in an area where they can hit tees into sock nets.

Jan 8, 2019
The mats will be used in our one lane gravel batting cage and in an area where they can hit tees into sock nets.

If you can make an acquaintance at a local community college or university, they typically replace the artificial turf the use in their cages a little before they really need to. We have been able to grab rolls of it just before it hits the dumpster and use it to refresh our cages. Feels like being in the big leagues for a while. They have also given us discarded bats, helmets, cleats, and other misc equipment that has "worn out" to them. Worth a few calls, but you may need to wait until the end of the season to build up for next year.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28