$$$ Grant Equipment Buy

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 9, 2019
Hey. I applied for an equipment grant from the Arizona Diamondbacks and was selected. We will receive around $7,000 from the grant. What would you purchase with this money?

We have many of the basics like softballs, bats, helmets, practice nets, tees ect.

Apr 28, 2019
Hey. I applied for an equipment grant from the Arizona Diamondbacks and was selected. We will receive around $7,000 from the grant. What would you purchase with this money?

We have many of the basics like softballs, bats, helmets, practice nets, tees ect.
Pitching machine, How about catchers gear? I would say bats but the girls nowadays should all have their own along with batting helmets, gloves, batting gloves, equipment bags, and protective equipment.
Does the grant money have to be spent on equipment? Or can you use money towards a service like pitching lessons?
My guess is most likely equipment only which limits my ideas for you.
Maybe agility training tools like hurdles, rope ladders, cones.

Jan 8, 2019
Screens (pitching and division), new bases, pitching plate, etc (if you don't need them right away, they can be stored for later), good shade for your cages, dugouts and bleachers, misting fan for dugout/cages, used quad to drag the fields.

Jul 31, 2019
Are you starting up a team or program? The number of teams? Age of players? Do you have to spend it on equipment? Uniforms? Do you pay for practice fields? Can you use it for tourney entry fees? Team insurance?

Nov 18, 2015
The upgraded pocket radar (coaches radar?).

Atec machine - they seem pretty versatile for baseball, being used for pop fly and catching drills - I’m assuming they make softball versions. [ETA - per Westwinds comment below - I think I meant Hack Attack - 3-wheeled machine, IIRC. ]

If you’re an organization - upgrade facilities - shade awnings over bleachers, new field rakes and drags, maybe pay to have the fields re-graded, field tarps.

Or just use it to buy a few pallets of turface and gamesaver so you can avoid as many rainouts as possible. Just being able to play more games may have the biggest impact for the girls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
The big 12’ tall Bownet or equivalent. Maybe 2. Use these for open field hitting practice so you can have two front tossers, one front tosser/one machine.

Pitching screens, at least two.

Regular screens- can be bownet style.

If you are buying bownet stuff, get the heavy duty versions. Pro or elite.

Balls. Frigging trash cans full. Nobody has enough.

When you have a mix of screens the sky is the limit for high rep varied training.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
See if your parents will match the funds so you can buy a Sports Attack I-Hack softball machine, lol. Introductory price $4,999. Might get free shipping right now too.

I’d rather have screens and live arms. But.......if I could swing it, Hack Attack is the only way to roll.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478