Grace gloves

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 14, 2019
No. Cal
Where did you want the padding?

The palm area. Even with the relace the structure still wasn't stiff enough and the glove would flex. I was hoping the updated padding would make it more comfortable for my daughter to use also. I ended up getting this one that was talked about in another thread...

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
+10 for American made!
-5 for floppyness
-5 for velcro
Let’s relook at your numbers.........so you broke even at zero!

+25) for American made, very awesome, love it!
-10) for floppy-ness, especially the Walnut Crunch leather.
-5) for velcro, I obviously don’t like it but most girls do!
-5) for weight, especially the Walnut Crunch leather.
-3) for the unfinished / rough feel of the inside hand stall.

So I’ll give Nokona a (+2). Now we all know this is a joke, 100% personal preference as far as I’m concerned and my opinion means nothing! As far as Nokona gloves goes, I’ve stated here multiple times I’m just not a fan, but for those who have them and love them........awesome!

The DSG here in my town has had THE same Nokona modified trap glove for what seems like 4 or 5 years, it’s the Walnut leather. That is the most horrible feeling, horrible looking, no shape, no pattern glove I think I’ve ever held! They should just give it to a kid in need of a glove!

Dec 30, 2019
Good Morning Everyone - Kevin Czachow here and I actaully own Grace Glove Company. I thought I would shed some light on a few of the questions and speculations around my glove company. First off, let me state how cool it is that my glove is being discussed on this forum. When I started this company, I wanted to bring the highest quality glove to the market at an affordable price.

Going through this conversation, here are answers to the questions brought up:

1. All of my gloves are made in the Philippines.
2. I started this company out of Georgetown, TX, which is about 15 min north of Austin. I am now located in Issaquah, WA which is just east of Seattle (moved for work and family).
3. All of my gloves are true Japanese Kip. I spent 4 years working with dozens of glove manufactures around the world and went with one that provided the appropriate downstream documentation showing the farm in which supplies the leather. Japanese Kip is the highest quality leather available for baseball gloves and I wanted to make sure my leather was coming from a non GMO farm (If you would like more detail, feel free to reach out).
4. Even to this day, Nokona is one of my favorite brands, and trust me, if I had the ability to have my gloves manufactured in the USA, I would.
5. Yes, I was the one that started GloveRelace.com and I relaced just shy of 18,000 gloves in the 10 years I owned that company. I sold it to another quality relacer in Pflugerville, TX, which is about 10 min east of Austin. He does fantastic work and has been performing all the repairs since August 2017.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and if you have any questions, feel free to reach out.

-Kevin

Dec 17, 2019
Thanks for the introduction and welcome aboard Kevin. I'm sure you love and stand behind your brand, and I'm definitely sure you know more of the ins & outs of sourcing leather than I do. But I would think saying Japanese Kip is THE highest quality leather available for baseball (or softball) gloves is pretty subjective!

I know for a fact there's tons of guys in the ball glove world who'd take Horween Steerhide, or Heart of the Hide Steerhide over Kip any day of the week!

Definitely not knocking Kip, but again there's many guys who'll take HOH or A2000 Steerhide over Pro Preferred & A2K Kip every time! Subjective!!

Again, welcome aboard.

Dec 30, 2019
Agreed, and thank you for your response. When I started this company, I wanted to get the best leather I can source. Coming from the relacing side of the house, kip leather always revived phenomenally do to the tight grain pattern, hence why I went with that for my line.

Thank you!

Dec 20, 2019
Good Morning Everyone - Kevin Czachow here and I actaully own Grace Glove Company. I thought I would shed some light on a few of the questions and speculations around my glove company. First off, let me state how cool it is that my glove is being discussed on this forum. When I started this company, I wanted to bring the highest quality glove to the market at an affordable price.

Going through this conversation, here are answers to the questions brought up:

1. All of my gloves are made in the Philippines.
2. I started this company out of Georgetown, TX, which is about 15 min north of Austin. I am now located in Issaquah, WA which is just east of Seattle (moved for work and family).
3. All of my gloves are true Japanese Kip. I spent 4 years working with dozens of glove manufactures around the world and went with one that provided the appropriate downstream documentation showing the farm in which supplies the leather. Japanese Kip is the highest quality leather available for baseball gloves and I wanted to make sure my leather was coming from a non GMO farm (If you would like more detail, feel free to reach out).
4. Even to this day, Nokona is one of my favorite brands, and trust me, if I had the ability to have my gloves manufactured in the USA, I would.
5. Yes, I was the one that started GloveRelace.com and I relaced just shy of 18,000 gloves in the 10 years I owned that company. I sold it to another quality relacer in Pflugerville, TX, which is about 10 min east of Austin. He does fantastic work and has been performing all the repairs since August 2017.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and if you have any questions, feel free to reach out.

-Kevin
Hi kevin, how is your Japanese kip leather compares to the us kip leather that is use in the mizuno pro gloves?

Dec 30, 2019
Hi kevin, how is your Japanese kip leather compares to the us kip leather that is use in the mizuno pro gloves?
From what I have seen, Kip is Kip. I have worked with both US Kip and Japanese Kip, and to me they felt the same, as they should because it came from the same part of the cow. To answer you question, I would say Japanese Kip stands up and feels the same as US Kip. Sorry for the late response by the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28