Gotta Love Tourney Weekends

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 5, 2008
On my way back to the field this morning. If DD's team keeps winning we're looking at another 4 game day possibly.

I've forgotten how energetic and resilient young people are.

And I've always found it more tiring to coach or watch multiple games in one day than it was to play them. I'm sure age has something to do with it too.

So another day of softball begins, which means I don't have to do house cleaning today :D

May 7, 2008
Between my dd and son, it was an eight game weekend. I said to my husband, "How can I be so exhausted from doing nothing?" It was hot, but there is no where else we'd like to be but the ballpark :p .

We're just home from my son's game which ended in an upset. Opposing team tied the game in the last inning. Runners on first and third, two outs, our pitcher was on the mound waiting for the batter to take the box. He drops the ball, picks it up (still no batter in the box), and the umpire calls a balk that scored the winning run. The umpire behind the plate wasn't even set. It's the first time I've seen a balk called without a batter in the box. We have to explore it. We suppose it was because with runner's on, pitcher on the rubber...it's a live ball.

Had they won they would have advanced to the championship game. So many rules are learned only after the call is made against you that one time!
We all remain students of the game.

Stacie, we need to take a game in some time...preferably in Oklahoma City :)

Ang

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802