GoPro Hero 8 Time Warp at Softball Practice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
Experimenting with the Time Warp Feature of the Hero 8 Black.Settings at 4K30 on Auto Mode. Not to thrilled on how this came out. Loved the stabilization on this though.

Camera was mounted on my dd chest

May 29, 2019
Hey Mike you seem like a GoPro expert so here is my situation that I’m in. I’m getting ready to deploy in March right when spring ball is hot and heavy. I was thinking about purchasing the GoPro8 and signing up for the GoPro plus so I won’t miss any of here games and also feedback. From what I’ve read all my wife has to do is plug in the GoPro and it will upload straight to the cloud so I can watch. Will the GoPro 8 battery last a whole game hour and a half? Is the GoPro plus that simple? Is it worth it? What accessories would you get just to hang it on the fence ? Any other information would greatly appreciated!!

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
Hey Mike you seem like a GoPro expert so here is my situation that I’m in. I’m getting ready to deploy in March right when spring ball is hot and heavy. I was thinking about purchasing the GoPro8 and signing up for the GoPro plus so I won’t miss any of here games and also feedback. From what I’ve read all my wife has to do is plug in the GoPro and it will upload straight to the cloud so I can watch. Will the GoPro 8 battery last a whole game hour and a half? Is the GoPro plus that simple? Is it worth it? What accessories would you get just to hang it on the fence ? Any other information would greatly appreciated!!

Vick-First off thank you for your service. After playing with the GoPro's, the battery that comes with it will not last entire game. Your wife will need to invest in a external battery. I am at the point now, where I do not record entire games. Just clips of my daughter. Your wife can upload to the cloud . However I think your wife making youtube vids might be cooler.

If you do not buy the external battery, then just buy additional batteries and when they are about to die out swap them out. I will do this in between innings when the battery gets about 20% low

Day games I record at 2.7k at 30FPS for full game. If its clips then 2.7K at 60FPS. I prefer linear or narrow view majority of time. Set your settings to exposure -.05 and leave the GOPRO color on. Sharpness is either medium, or if your wife doesn't want to do a lot of editing then high is ok on sharpness. Night games is always 30FPS for me. IF your wife is struggling with that high of resloution then drop to 1080. Also the most frustrating thing about these cameras is the memory card. Make sure you get the correct one. Get the biggest and fastest read card you can afford. I have been a big fan of LynkSpyder since I have found out about them 6 years ago. Josh is great. He has made videos on setups too. He visits this site as well. Get with him and he will also guide you to the light.

Enjoy the footage

Jul 27, 2015
If you do not buy the external battery, then just buy additional batteries and when they are about to die out swap them out. I will do this in between innings when the battery gets about 20% low

Enjoy the footage
I have a GoPro 5, but I am guessing things are the same. I have a big external battery and connect it to the camera with a usb cable. The battery will last two weekends before it has to be charged. The only thing I have to change out are the cards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coach101