Good vids that breakdown throwdown mechanics?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Eric - was Maddie in a secondary stance for the above clip? It looked lower like a primary stance. I know the secondary stance is much rarer in softball than in baseball - and I think Schroeder teaches to throw from a primary stance. Wasn't sure which school of thought Maddie uses for this particular mechanic.

Maddie was trained early in her time as a catcher to use a secondary/"runners-on" stance for throwing/blocking situations, based on my study of NECC, and her attending NECC clinics. Over the past year or so, she has moved to using a lower stance for everything. In situations like this video, where there's only a runner on 1B, she will pick balls in the dirt rather than block because it gives her a better opportunity to still make a throw to get the runner out (this is an approach she learned from Janelle Lindvall). At this point, she doesn't listen to a damn thing I say, so trying to correct her goes nowhere. She's also to a point where she's figuring out what works best for her. Personally, I'm still a fan of using a secondary stance.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28