Good news for the womens Olympic softball team.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Removed my response to Ray so hopefully this thread ca get back to celebrating the Womens Olympic Softball Team!

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2019
They will be playing on a baseball field in Tokyo so having the MLB support the red headed step child of baseball fits. After all it is the same as baseball just with shorter distances and a bigger ball so girls can play it.

Why anyone would want the MLB involved in any way with Womens Fastpitch is beyond me. Would love to know what specifically the MLB is bringing to the table that the Womens Team does not already have?
Money.

Dec 4, 2019
They will be playing on a baseball field in Tokyo so having the MLB support the red headed step child of baseball fits. After all it is the same as baseball just with shorter distances and a bigger ball so girls can play it.

Why anyone would want the MLB involved in any way with Womens Fastpitch is beyond me. Would love to know what specifically the MLB is bringing to the table that the Womens Team does not already have?
A lot of money.

inumpire

Observer, but has an opinion
Oct 31, 2014

Duh......MONEY!!!

inumpire

Observer, but has an opinion
Oct 31, 2014
We can't even get every 4 years at this point. Softball is not in the Olympics for 2024 Paris. Being in Japan is the only reason it got back in for 2020... hopefully the sport keeps growing.
Softball has not been completely ruled out of the 2024 Olympics yet. There is still a small chance they it will be added.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2