Good Job!!!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 2, 2019
My DD (11) does not cry when she strikes out swinging, or makes an error, but...call her out on a pitch above her head, or out when she was safe by two steps, or a missed tag...waterworks.

We’re addressing it, but it’s a tough one with her.
I always just tell them "life's not fair. The sooner you understand that, the easier life is going to be for you."

That bounces right off of 9 year olds, BTW.

Jun 12, 2015
I always just tell them "life's not fair. The sooner you understand that, the easier life is going to be for you."

That bounces right off of 9 year olds, BTW.

My mom told me that so many times. I thought she was just trying to end discussions (which she probably was) until I got older and realized it's completely true.

Jun 22, 2019
My kid gets very annoyed if someone tells her she did well or did a good job on something when she disagrees. Especially if it's really just empty praise. Kids (and adults) pick up on that. Empty words don't mean anything.
Mine too...she will come home and say, it wasn’t a good job...we got lucky, why would he say good job? I think it’s funny, the coach is trying to be encouraging, but it pisses her off.

This is the same girl that threw away a second place trophy while leaving the park once because she knew they should have won and she didn’t want to put a reminder of losing that game on her shelf. She was about 10 and her mom got upset and told her to fish it out of the garbage and she flat refused. I thought it was hilarious and convinced my wife that it was her award...if she didn’t want it, let it go.

Oct 4, 2018
I don't know. DH has coached or assistant coached since 8U and it's pretty even IME. The worst parent we've had to deal with in her entire softball journey, at least 5x more toxic than our second worst, was a dad who thought he knew everything, fought over almost every coaching decision, would never ever ever just shut up, and undermined the coaches to the other parents while encouraging a mutiny and completely dividing the team in half. It was, quite frankly, the final straw and this year, no more coaching. I'm sure I've been more relieved in my life but I can't think of when.

Well thanks a lot. I think that family joined our team.

;)

Sep 10, 2019
What an interesting character Alphie is - wish there were more background info about him (not much on wiki). I genuinely enjoy sports psychology and sociology. I don’t remember this guy’s name ever gracing the lips of a professor I had or reading his name in a journal article or textbook.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802