Good drills and conditioning for 16u player?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 3, 2020
I'm looking for some good drills and conditioning for me to do at home . 16u catcher/infield. Anything helps . Batting , running , throwing, any drills really as long as I can do them at home . Thanks in advance .

Feb 25, 2020
Hello Hannah,

This won't be a good short answer to your question. But I would encourage you to read/watch as much as you can from Dan John. He is a strength coach who I feel has a great perspective on things.

Fitness is a lifelong thing and a longterm goal. It takes years and years to become proficient at.

You train movements. Not muscles. The following article outlines the basic human movements. I suggest you read it, and then research and understand each of the movements. Some are self exolanatory(carries) others take alot of work to do correctly(hip hinge/squat).

Practice these movements without any weights/speed. This still makes you better. Then find exercises you can do to train these movements. Start really slow.

It's an ultra-marathon not a sprint. Be sure you know exactly what you are doing before you implement anything. Rome was not built in a day. "Grease the groove"(google it) is a good way to start

That is my advice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12