Gold Team Dilemma

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 17, 2012
I would worry about this year now and not even think about next year.

Look at the 16u schedule and see if it fits. If the playing time is there than that's what you should do.

May 6, 2015
not to hijack, but given my DDs journey, and seeing some of the posts here and in other threads, wondering if anyone has ever deliberately (I intended to even when first joining a team) to jump around to several teams (esp at younger ages) to get a feel for best fit. there is a lot of talk about scouting teams and vetting, but when you are new to the game (and with other children, jobs, houses, etc.) it can really be hard, but team jumping at 10u and maybe 12u (potentially 4 teams in each of the two counting fall and spring) might not be a bad idea. as long as you dont burn any bridges, the family would develop lots of information to choses the "right team" say when moving to 14u (level of competitive, coacing style, parent dynamics, etc.).

I am think I am going to consider the team hopping DD has done (5 teams between 10u and 12u) deliberate in hind sight ;) seriously, any thoughts on this?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rathouse