Going, going, GONE!!!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 11, 2012
DD is a junior in HS, last season and all summer she was hitting the ball closer and closer to the fence, had hit a few over during practice and bounced a few over during games. Today was the last scrimmage before the season opener and she launched one over the centerfield fence.
Never seen such a big smile on her face as she ran the bases, and I have to laugh when I think of the horrible first year 12U coach she had who told her that because she's small she'll never bit the ball out of the infield.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
DD is a junior in HS, last season and all summer she was hitting the ball closer and closer to the fence, had hit a few over during practice and bounced a few over during games. Today was the last scrimmage before the season opener and she launched one over the centerfield fence.
Never seen such a big smile on her face as she ran the bases, and I have to laugh when I think of the horrible first year 12U coach she had who told her that because she's small she'll never bit the ball out of the infield.

Congrats! Here's to hoping that the old 12U coach makes the mistake of parking his vehicle too close to the OF fence for her next special delivery.

May 24, 2013
So Cal

This is on the list with the most ridiculous and ignorant things I have ever heard. As a 12U coach, I am around 11-12yo girls of all sizes constantly, and I see small kids drive the ball to the OF on a regular basis.

Congrats to your DD for her success...and proving the dumb-@$$ 12U coach wrong.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
It is fun watching the progression. At one point DD was one bouncing the ball to the fence and then we made one change in her swing and bam the ball hit the top of the fence! Then next thing you know it goes over the fence. It happens quickly. Along with a more efficient swing and strength, confidence is huge factor too. Once she "breaks the seal" more will come.

Feb 4, 2015
Massachusetts

Congrats to CM! Here's to having many more to come!

Aug 26, 2015
I've got a 9 y/o that consistently hits the gap on my Select team and she rivals the size of ants. That was a really stupid comment by that 12U coach.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
Pure joy in this sport (and that other one with the smaller ball) is why I would rather watch these kids than the professionals. Cool stuff. Congrats to your player!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802