Glove Suggestions for Lefty Pitcher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 15, 2016
Good morning!! I'm looking for a little help on a glove suggestion for my DD. Almost 10 y/o and a lefty pitcher. Shes been using an L-Slugger Zephyr for a couple seasons because it came broken in (mesh on the backside) but it has become a bit too soft. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks a million

May 24, 2013
So Cal
If she is on the smaller side of average, a 12" glove might suit her. If she's average to larger-than-average, she might be okay with a 12.5". I don't generally recommend anything smaller or larger than that, even for older girls. My mid-size kid has been using a 12.5" glove since 9yo (10U rec), and still does in 12U TB.

There are lots of good gloves out there, and finding the "right" one depends a lot on budget and personal preferences. I can't help on the personal preferences, but knowing your budget would help to give you some recommendations. Also knowing what level she is playing (rec, travel ball, etc.) will help.

One option that a few DFP'ers have done (including myself), is to check out justballgloves.com. Their return policy is awesome. Order a few gloves that look like good candidates, try them all out (even break them in!), and return the ones you don't like for a full refund.

Jul 15, 2016
Thanks for the reply Eric. Heres a little more info. She plays travel ball and primarily pitches. Budget would be somewhere in the under $200 range. I looked at justballgloves and the only issue I had was looking for left handed thrower under 12". I was assuming I should stick with an 11.5" or 11.75" based on what I have read here regarding pitchers gloves. Thanks again!

Jul 9, 2012
Thanks for the reply Eric. Heres a little more info. She plays travel ball and primarily pitches. Budget would be somewhere in the under $200 range. I looked at justballgloves and the only issue I had was looking for left handed thrower under 12". I was assuming I should stick with an 11.5" or 11.75" based on what I have read here regarding pitchers gloves. Thanks again!

My 12 year old DD who is a pitcher has been using a 12" glove since she was 10. Currently using a Easton Core Pro (http://amzn.to/2f4D5Eo) Shouldn't be a problem with the size. My older DD just got a 12.5" All-Star Vela (also has the matching catchers mitt) and it is an amazing glove for the price. They offer that in a 12" also.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
https://www.cheapbats.com/shop/mizuno-mvp-prime-baseball-glove-gmvp1200p2-312418-p-8466-c-287.html

https://www.cheapbats.com/shop/all-star-vela-finger-fastpitch-softball-glove-fgsbv-p-6742-c-287.html

I agree with triton, the All-Star would be a great choice but remember it's a 3-finger design, two in the pinkie (TIP). But if she ever starts wearing a glove this way instead of traditional, she'll probably wear it TIP until her playing days are over! My DD just turned 15 and she still uses a 12" glove for pitching & SS, 3B.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802