Glove Recommendations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
Hey Guys,

Looking to buy my DD a new glove. She's only 9. I'm trying to get one that would be a good all around glove for multiple positions. Infield and outfield. Something no more than $100 (More preferrably cheaper than that). What do you guys recommend?

Apr 28, 2014
For that age I really like the Rawlings Liberty. They make several sizes and the glove is 90% broken in out of the package.

Apr 30, 2018
My DD loves her Bradley glove. They have numerous different web styles, sizes, and colors that would work well for a 9 year old. Some have a laced wrist and some with velcro. I would probably go with an H web as it is a good all around for infield and outfield. 11.5 or 11.75" should work well. They are pushing your budget a bit at $125, but these are solid gloves that your DD will get years of use out of it. What makes these gloves so great for young kids is the hand stall size. They are set up for small hands. They have a fantastic return policy as well. If you can swing it I recommend ordering several gloves from several manufacturers and trying them out to find out which fits your DD the best, then return the others.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Apr 30, 2018
Definitely give the Fortus a try, but watch the hand stall size. My DD tried it when she was almost 9 and found she had to really spread her pinky finger too wide to get her hand in it. My DD is small for her age so it may work for your daughter. That is why I recommend getting several if you are going to mail order gloves and let her try them on to find the best fit.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812