glove recommendation - mainly pitcher, 3B & 1B when infield

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 20, 2021
Thank you! These are beautiful! I’ll get DD’s opinion tomorrow. My favorite is the 3rd, the 2-piece closed. Perhaps stupid question, but does the full heel pad cover more of the wrist than the half? Or does it provide more structure to the glove? Tried Googling the differences between full and half heel bad but no luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Thank you! These are beautiful! I’ll get DD’s opinion tomorrow. My favorite is the 3rd, the 2-piece closed. Perhaps stupid question, but does the full heel pad cover more of the wrist than the half? Or does it provide more structure to the glove? Tried Googling the differences between full and half heel bad but no luck.

The full heel pad makes it harder to break in….for a long time, I hate thick heels.

I actually use the leather palm pad to add structure to the shell, and it helps eliminate palm wrinkles.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina

Alright, let’s hold up a second, anyone know anything about this two-piece (30) web? I’ve never actually seen or held one before but I’d assume it plays flat and shallow?

Remember me saying my custom NP6 H-web was out there all by itself compared to my other NP gloves? I ordered a second custom NP6 from Chad @ SBF through the RGGC, it was the one with Royal Blue accents and a I-web. So I’m holding two different custom 12” NP6’s in hand and they’re really nothing alike?

The “NP” is already supposed to be a flatter infield pattern, my H-web is not! The newer I-web custom was definitely flatter and more shallow, makes me wonder about this (30) web? For pitching and 3B no problem….just don’t know how that web would work at 1B, cause I just don’t know? Too shallow?

A member here owns that Blue NP6, he bought it from the guy in Texas that I sold it to, it’s a fantastic glove!CF84F503-01B2-4490-A31C-3EDF94DAD411.jpeg30948B49-A14F-4A33-8A81-30ED95840EAB.jpeg4CD831E1-B6F9-424F-A9A1-97A2D3F3BCEA.jpeg

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Definitely mocked up a couple nice gloves there! I have no experience with that 2-piece laced web but it sure looks cool and is definitely different. My only question with the green accents is what does DD do with it next year when the new travel team's colors change? ;-) Of course, it's not a bad Dad glove...

AD, you're all over this one, good work for an old man!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
AD, you're all over this one, good work for an old man!
I have my moments! Just trying to maybe get another NP pattern glove out there in the wild. Lord knows you goobers won’t listen to me!

You just called me old, pattar wrote me off last night as maybe dying sometime soon, I’m just trying to stay somewhat relevant here like King Core! 😉

Last edited:

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I have my moments! Just trying to maybe get another NP pattern glove out there in the wild. Lord knows you goobers won’t listen to me!

You just called me old, pattar wrote me off last night as maybe dying sometime soon, I’m just try to stay somewhat relevant here like King Core! 😉
Old is a relative thing. Let's go with experienced.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28