glove recommendation - mainly pitcher, 3B & 1B when infield

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Gonna be a little while before I get home, I can definitely tweak a few things on this build, but first….are you sure about the basket web? Cause I’ll mock the entire build up around that.
My DD loves the basket web in her pitching glove... the last 4 gloves I remember her using all had it. Blame Java (you old DFP members may recall him) for that, I realize that there's a lot more going on when picking a pitch but...his comments stuck with her!

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
My DD loves the basket web in her pitching glove... the last 4 gloves I remember her using all had it. Blame Java (you old DFP members may recall him) for that, I realize that there's a lot more going on when picking a pitch but...his comments stuck with her!
I have a basket web on my old slowpitch glove.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Vinci BV1929L 12.5” is $229 on their website

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I recommend that glove a lot...one of my twins absolutely loved it and she played everywhere except C (that's her sisters spot) with it. I'm almost sure you can get a much better deal on that glove. It was her favorite up until we found the All-Star System Seven baseball glove (which sadly they discontinued) then that was her fave for a few years. She absolutely wore out both of those gloves,. So far she really like the Rawlings Pro-Preferred but still gets misty thinking about that All-Star! This Spring will be her first season with it...so we're counting on the relationship blossoming! haha

Jun 8, 2016
Ha, it's not mine but my old man had one similar. He was born in the early 20's and the caption on the picture of this glove said it was from the '20s. He was the youngest out of 15 kids and I'm sure it was well used when he got it. Softball at the family reunions was serious! I wish I knew whatever happened to his old glove?
My father had a similar glove. Only glove he ever owned..he was one of 11 kids. Got it when he was 12, used it in college and then with me.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
My father had a similar glove. Only glove he ever owned..he was one of 11 kids. Got it when he was 12, used it in college and then with me.
I still have my old 1B glove from the late '60s. It was stuffed in a box at my parents house for years, looks like it would turn to dust if I tried playing catch with it now. Not even sure why I had that thing, I don't remember spending much time there? Commence with the old guy jokes...

11 kids, 15 kids...built in sports teams! Can you imagine outfitting that many kids with sports gear these days?

Jul 1, 2019
Love the basket weave myself, DD's pitching glove is basket (last three have been).

Also, I'm a fan of a dedicated glove for 1B, that's DD's secondary position as well and she's always felt more confident there with a dedicated glove on her hand. And.....it's a reason to buy another glove (that's for me). We're Rawlings HOH fans and are collecting keychains, lol.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
As you would expect, she prefers the Rawlings to the Vinci. That custom glove builder is so detailed! Here are her current options: HOH, narrow, 12”, NP6, then basket web, timberglaze, color with black, white or dark tan laces, long pinky length, timberglaze welting on palm, black welting on back, black binding”1” style trim/white, thermo formed liner, full coverage heel, standard breakin, and no finger pad, finger hood, palm pad or sweatband. Does anything sound odd? We’re new to this. She does prefer her wrist being more covered, so that is full coverage heel, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So…..

*HOH 12” NP6 Baseball glove with narrow wrist opening.
*Number 3 Basket web.
*Highly recommend Tan leather!
*Absolutely recommend Tan laces!!
*Split Gray welting throughout!
***Tan or Black Binding depending on color accents?
*BOA wrist lining!
***Where does she keep her index finger, inside or out?
*Yes yes on the palm pad! It’s thin leather.
*Half heel pad.
*Absolutely yes on the firm break-in!!

Give me some team color accents, which does she prefer more, club colors or school colors? Give me those and I’ll mock you up something.

And I do recommend Tan or Black as the main shell / palm leather over Timberglaze for a glove that’s going to see as much use as this one will probably see. Timberglaze is a oily / waxy pull up leather, it’s beautiful when new but shows premature wear really quickly!

Give me those colors 😉

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812