glove recommendation - mainly pitcher, 3B & 1B when infield

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
As you would expect, she prefers the Rawlings to the Vinci. That custom glove builder is so detailed! Here are her current options: HOH, narrow, 12”, NP6, then basket web, timberglaze, color with black, white or dark tan laces, long pinky length, timberglaze welting on palm, black welting on back, black binding”1” style trim/white, thermo formed liner, full coverage heel, standard breakin, and no finger pad, finger hood, palm pad or sweatband. Does anything sound odd? We’re new to this. She does prefer her wrist being more covered, so that is full coverage heel, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You could buy 2 Vinci's for the price of a HOH, but I get it.

And seriously, white laces? Nooooo!! ;-)

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2021
Compared to the custom Rawlings, how much of a step down is the Rawlings HOH Fastpitch basket web 12” and 12.5”? These 12” and 12.5” versions are $250, so significantly less expensive than the custom Rawlings but comparable to the Vinci. She thought the Fastpitch HOH 12” felt small, but that could be the softball specific sizing (or not used to it.) The softball version uses “featherlight leather,” and it is a 71SB pattern.

Feb 20, 2021
@Tatonka - I haven not given up in the Vinci yet. Will be more of a sell because none of her teammates have it, so brand is new to her.

Educate me on the white laces. Are they less durable or is it looks? She doesn’t like the grey laces on the Rawlings HOH 12 and 12.5 Fastpitch gloves, but couldn’t decide on color when doing the custom mock-up.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Compared to the custom Rawlings, how much of a step down is the Rawlings HOH Fastpitch basket web 12” and 12.5”? These 12” and 12.5” versions are $250, so significantly less expensive than the custom Rawlings but comparable to the Vinci. She thought the Fastpitch HOH 12” felt small, but that could be the softball specific sizing (or not used to it.) The softball version uses “featherlight leather,” and it is a 71SB pattern.

The custom gloves are the same quality as the OTC ones. The difference is your preferences as to color, laces, design, etc... If you're talking about the Pro Preferred custom, those are better than the HOH, but you'll pay more.

Like Anna's Dad said, design what she wants, and then contact me for a price.

White laces get dirty and cannot get clean again. Try as you might, they'll never be pearly white again after playing in the dirt.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Have Vinci's gone up that much? They always seem to have a decent sale and there used to be a couple reps on here that offered a lot of help in not only choosing and building a specific, custom glove but they were well below retail.

AD - who was that last Vinci rep who you chased off of here? j/k

Also, if you go Rawlings keep looking at the baseball gloves. My pitching DD is finally using this glove when in the circle, PROS1000-3KBPRO. It's a 12 1/4" thing of beauty and has taken a bit to get broken in. We picked it up thru the Rawlings Outlet in Myrtle Beach (thx to AD)!
1674859692085.png

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Have Vinci's gone up that much? They always seem to have a decent sale and there used to be a couple reps on here that offered a lot of help in not only choosing and building a specific, custom glove but they were well below retail.

AD - who was that last Vinci rep who you chased off of here? j/k

Also, if you go Rawlings keep looking at the baseball gloves. My pitching DD is finally using this glove when in the circle, PROS1000-3KBPRO. It's a 12 1/4" thing of beauty and has taken a bit to get broken in. We picked it up thru the Rawlings Outlet in Myrtle Beach (thx to AD)!
View attachment 27298
The last Vinci rep I saw on her was Truong. He came on and posted once and never showed up again. That was back in September. Maybe @ANNASDAD has his contact information?

Don't shy away from the baseball gloves, especially if you don't want to go custom. There are 10Xs as many options for baseball as softball for non-custom gloves.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Ha, it's not mine but my old man had one similar. He was born in the early 20's and the caption on the picture of this glove said it was from the '20s. He was the youngest out of 15 kids and I'm sure it was well used when he got it. Softball at the family reunions was serious! I wish I knew whatever happened to his old glove?
Man that is so funny, me and my Dad absolutely ruled at our family reunions at Rankin Lake Park, you just brought up one very old fond memory!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
As you would expect, she prefers the Rawlings to the Vinci. That custom glove builder is so detailed! Here are her current options: HOH, narrow, 12”, NP6, then basket web, timberglaze, color with black, white or dark tan laces, long pinky length, timberglaze welting on palm, black welting on back, black binding”1” style trim/white, thermo formed liner, full coverage heel, standard breakin, and no finger pad, finger hood, palm pad or sweatband. Does anything sound odd? We’re new to this. She does prefer her wrist being more covered, so that is full coverage heel, correct?

Gonna be a little while before I get home, I can definitely tweak a few things on this build, but first….are you sure about the basket web? Cause I’ll mock the entire build up around that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fjhood