Glove Recommendation for Coach

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 21, 2020
just wanted to get some opinions on what kind of glove for a coach to use, my daughter is 10 so she doesnt throw hard enough to hurt the hand yet, but i helped catch in a open workout last night and had several 16u girls in there and they were beating my hand up pretty good with my old glove i use now

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Lots of dad's / coaches use catcher mitts for everything, something to consider? Is your daughter going to be a pitcher? You catching those 16U girls.....is that a one time thing?

If my 10 year old was not going to pitch, and there was a high probability she was going to play for the next 8 years, I'd splurge and buy myself something nice that'll last those 8 years! Of course this is me talking! ;)

Sep 21, 2020
just wanted to get some opinions on what kind of glove for a coach to use, my daughter is 10 so she doesnt throw hard enough to hurt the hand yet, but i helped catch in a open workout last night and had several 16u girls in there and they were beating my hand up pretty good with my old glove i use now
my daughter right now plays shortstop and she is been working lots of defensive drills that pertain to infielders etc. not sure if she will ever pitch, we are a small rec league and at some point i would imagine she will need to be able to at least try and get through an inning if it comes down to that
the 16u group is something ill prob be helping with through the fall and winter months indoors just assisting the head coaches, so ya i prob better grab a decent catchers mit

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Did you just recommend a mitt with Velcro? Who ARE you and what did you do to Annasdad?
Looks like someone hacked my account! Terrible I know, please forgive me! My CMW3000 is the ONLY Velcroed glove at the ANNASDAD household! And it has a finger hood also.....double damned!

Sep 21, 2020
Looks like someone hacked my account! Terrible I know, please forgive me! My CMW3000 is the ONLY Velcroed glove at the ANNASDAD household! And it has a finger hood also.....double damned!
damn i know im the new guy on the block but give me a little bit of sympathy lol, i dont mind to buy a decent glove

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812