Glove recommendation 14 yo 3rd baseman/pitcher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I bought my DD the best catcher's mitt I could when she was 12. She's now 16
But getting from 12 to 16 wasn’t the intent when you bought her the best catchers mitt you could. It was about performance, the longevity is just a bonus!

And the glove you bought wasn’t a GG Elite, huge difference!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
That's what I was going to suggest, if the glove is going to be used at 3rd and she is dead set on some type of "closed" web to pitch with.
Bigger than I like at 3B, but.....

May 24, 2013
So Cal
But getting from 12 to 16 wasn’t the intent when you bought her the best catchers mitt you could. It was about performance, the longevity is just a bonus!

And the glove you bought wasn’t a GG Elite, huge difference!

Longevity was a part of the equation, but performance was definitely the most important factor. Right now, I'm into it for less than $50/year, an that number keeps going down. :)

Mar 31, 2018
I just talked to my daughter about getting a new glove. She was upset because she really likes this one. This is the biggest reason I want a glove that will last a long time. She doesn't like to change her equipment. I didn't expect her $80 glove to last more than a couple years, but she did. I do however expect a $200 glove to last longer. That being said what are thoughts on Rawlings HOH? Since she is used to a Rawlings, I thought it might have a similar feel with less transition.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Any high-quality glove is going to require a significant break-in period, and she may find it frustrating for a little while, or use it as an excuse to keep using her old familiar glove. In the long term, a quality piece of gear will help her be her best on the field.

Oct 5, 2018
I just talked to my daughter about getting a new glove. She was upset because she really likes this one. This is the biggest reason I want a glove that will last a long time. She doesn't like to change her equipment. I didn't expect her $80 glove to last more than a couple years, but she did. I do however expect a $200 glove to last longer. That being said what are thoughts on Rawlings HOH? Since she is used to a Rawlings, I thought it might have a similar feel with less transition.
The HOH are loved, but mostly in the baseball patterns and theres not a great retail option that i know of for closed/mod webs in about 12.25.

Ive read The newer softball specific HOH are supposed to be same quality as baseball and are mostly closed web in 12/12.5.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I wish Rawlings would make a dedicated fastpitch specific HOH in 12.25”, it’s a great 3B / pitcher size that’s missing.

Make it with true HOH baseball Jtan leather, split welting, and the same baseball glove internals (padding & finger stays).

No Velcro, no wrist pull strap, just a conventional wrist button lap that can be laced to two different smaller than normal sizes. And lastly, smaller female specific hand and finger stalls.

One more lastly.....offer it in two versions with two different web options, an H-web and some kind of closed web?

It would sell like hot cakes and take over the market!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12