Glove recommendation 14 yo 3rd baseman/pitcher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
That Vinci BV 1929 that gets recommended a lot comes to mind if she maybe has smaller hands. Seems to be a 12.5, that plays like a 12.25 and the pics I see comes with a basket web.
If you could possibly find a Vinci rep anywhere.....you could have a BV1929 hybrid made with a H-web!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
She has a Rawling GG Elite. I think I paid $80 for it on sale. Is it unrealistic to want glove that lasts longer than 2 years? I know that $80 is cheap so 2 years isn't bad for the life of that glove. I don't want to invest $250 in a glove that will only last 2 years.

Wasn't trying to be an A$$ in my first post....well just a little! You just can't go into a glove purchase looking at longevity, people don't do it with bat purchases! If you're going to be in this sport for the long haul and hopefully get to the next level and play college ball, you need to buy her the best performing glove you can get her right now, and not worry about how that glove is going to perform when she's 16!!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
If you're looking for durability, buy her a fully Horween 12" Don Morton Pro1000 and call it a day! With Morton's coupon code you'll be inside your budget.

Side note..........your DD will swear you hate her, until she gets it broken in, then she'll hate you for making her wear that GG Elite for two years! ;)

Oct 5, 2018
Thanks. I don't think she will be okay with H web for pitching. I am pretty certain she will want a closed web. She has bigger hands. She is 5"10" and wears size 11 shoe. I will look into the Vinci along with the Wilson a2000.

Sounds like looking more for a closed web

Pro1000 is an H

Oct 12, 2020
If you could possibly find a Vinci rep anywhere.....you could have a BV1929 hybrid made with a H-web!
Not to hijack, but I'm new to the forum and pm'd a rep on Tuesday. I haven't heard back which isn't the end of the world, but can I expect to hear back?

May 24, 2013
So Cal
If you're going to be in this sport for the long haul and hopefully get to the next level and play college ball, you need to buy her the best performing glove you can get her right now, and not worry about how that glove is going to perform when she's 16!!

I bought my DD the best catcher's mitt I could when she was 12. She's now 16, and is fully expecting it to last through the rest of HS. She has repeatedly told me how much she loves it, and hopes it lasts forever.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom