Glove recommendation 14 yo 3rd baseman/pitcher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 31, 2018
My daughter is 14 yo and plays 3rd and pitcher. I am looking for a glove recommendation that will last a long time. Her rawlings is 2 years old and getting too floppy.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I am looking for a glove recommendation that will last a long time. Her rawlings is 2 years old and getting too floppy.

For anyone who can help here, I need a recommendation for some underwear that will last until I need diapers, and a spool of line for my Stihl string trimmer that NEVER runs out! Underwear is getting floppy!

Welcome to the forum robfamily!

May I ask what model of Rawlings and the price you paid for it?

Mar 31, 2018
For anyone who can help here, I need a recommendation for some underwear that will last until I need diapers, and a spool of line for my Stihl string trimmer that NEVER runs out! Underwear is getting floppy!

Welcome to the forum robfamily!

May I ask what model of Rawlings and the price you paid for it?
She has a Rawling GG Elite. I think I paid $80 for it on sale. Is it unrealistic to want glove that lasts longer than 2 years? I know that $80 is cheap so 2 years isn't bad for the life of that glove. I don't want to invest $250 in a glove that will only last 2 years.

Oct 5, 2018
3rd / Pitcher

Generally I think H web for 3rd. Closed web for pitcher. If ok with an H at pitcher probably a lot more options.

That Vinci BV 1929 that gets recommended a lot comes to mind if she maybe has smaller hands. Seems to be a 12.5, that plays like a 12.25 and the pics I see comes with a basket web.

Mar 31, 2018
3rd / Pitcher

Generally I think H web for 3rd. Closed web for pitcher. If ok with an H at pitcher probably a lot more options.

That Vinci BV 1929 that gets recommended a lot comes to mind if she maybe has smaller hands. Seems to be a 12.5, that plays like a 12.25 and the pics I see comes with a basket web.
Thanks. I don't think she will be okay with H web for pitching. I am pretty certain she will want a closed web. She has bigger hands. She is 5"10" and wears size 11 shoe. I will look into the Vinci along with the Wilson a2000.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
She has a Rawling GG Elite. I think I paid $80 for it on sale. Is it unrealistic to want glove that lasts longer than 2 years? I know that $80 is cheap so 2 years isn't bad for the life of that glove. I don't want to invest $250 in a glove that will only last 2 years.

You got a reasonable life-span out of a glove in that price range. Maybe even more than reasonable.

In your current budget range, you're talking about top-end (or close to it) products from all of the manufacturers, and they will all last for multiple years. You really can't make a bad choice, and it all comes down to preference for fit and feel.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
If we got two years out of a $80 glove I'd be thrilled!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28