Glove Recomendations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
My daughter is 11 years old and 75 lbs on her best day (tiny girl with tiny hands). She plays pitcher, MI, and OF. The struggle to find a quality glove she could squeeze was REAL. She uses a 12" Rawlings LA and loves it. She also has that 12" All Star Vela and can't squeeze it to save her life. The Liberty Advanced seemed to break in MUCH easier for her. Not that the Vela isn't a good glove because it is, it is just really firm out of the box.

Yes. The All-Star Vela gloves are a beast at the start. When they get fully broken-in, they're very nice (in our experience).

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
If she is on the Bandits I would guess they have some deals with manufacturers. Also I would guess her coach would provide some good advice.

Jan 24, 2022
This Mizuno baseball glove is a very soft and flexible feel. Our daughter felt its softness right at first. Even when he was adjusting to the new glove, she immediately controlled her pitching ability. The glove’s ability to bend on pressure makes all these possible

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
If you’re ok putting $250-350 down for a bat per season, it makes sense to me to pay $250-350 for a glove or mitt that will last years.

Jun 26, 2021
The genuine leather palms on these gloves also thrilled me. It's important since using this equipment has allowed for the best grip and bat control possible. When I use Franklin batting gloves, I no longer even consider the danger of my bat slipping from my hands.

Sep 1, 2021
The genuine leather palms on these gloves also thrilled me. It's important since using this equipment has allowed for the best grip and bat control possible. When I use Franklin batting gloves, I no longer even consider the danger of my bat slipping from my hands.
Okay, you made me LOL this time. It's only been a little over a year since anyone responded to this thread. I figured that was a little recent for your taste.

Jun 8, 2016
Okay, you made me LOL this time. It's only been a little over a year since anyone responded to this thread. I figured that was a little recent for your taste.
He/she/it does the same thing on another board. It has to be a bot or something...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee