Glove Recomendations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 26, 2019
For youth gloves, Bradley has some amazing options.
That’s one of the few I haven’t tried yet, but always wanted to. I haven’t seen one in the wild yet to try it out. The pricing isn’t too bad on the Bradley’s, but all the other gloves I’ve gotten great deals on and given them to girls that needed them if we didn’t keep them.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I really struggle with the whole youth glove thing. I have tried them all I think. I want to buy her the best glove I can get, but an A2000 or HOH is just too much glove for my 10 yo DD. It is very hard to find a glove that is workable and fits the hand for a 10 yo, but still nice with some structure. We have tried the Marucci Palmetto, the Easton pro Fastpitch, the All-Star Vela, and a Rawlings LA. So far she uses the Rawlings as her game glove and the Marucci as her pitching glove. She says the Marucci is the most comfortable glove that fits her hand the best. She has the Kelsey Stewart A2000 that I got a great deal on sitting on her desk waiting for the day she can manage it.

(As I type this out I realize I may have a problem haha)
At 10 & 11 Anna used a 11.75” Louisville Slugger TPX H-web baseball glove.....and it was awesome! Heavy, thick, super oil infused, and I really knew nothing about gloves. But I remember that glove and it was great!

Funny story about that TPX glove, I went to the Sports Authority on my lunch break to check out some gloves for her, no telling how many I looked at and tried on? Around 4:00pm I was sitting at my desk at work and something was off.....my wedding ring wasn’t on my ring finger! I’m processing where it could possibly be, I knew I didn’t take it off!

Then it hit me, I bet it’s inside a ball glove!! I flew back down to the Sports Authority, there was 3 or 4 dad’s looking at gloves, I dove right in, probably the 6th or 7th glove I grabbed, my ring was perfectly inserted into the ring finger stall! It was inside that LS TPX, I put my ring back on and carried that TPX straight to a cashier!

Nov 18, 2015
... I dove right in, probably the 6th or 7th glove I grabbed, my ring was perfectly inserted into the ring finger stall! It was inside that LS TPX, I put my ring back on and carried that TPX straight to a cashier!

So you’re saying this whole glove obsession thing is your wife’s fault? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 8, 2020
SG- How much do you get for a relace job?

Depends on the job.

My standard rate is 50, that includes, cleaning, conditioning, palm adhesive, shaping and a full relace on a standard glove. Trapeze/Modified Trapeze webs are 55 and catchers/1st base mits are 65. And relaces come with a 4" wide elastic glove wrap.

Teamates and other girls within the organization are less, and catchers that catch my kids pitching lessons and keep me off the bucket are free.

New glove relaces are less as they are usually just the relace and don't require much of the other work. They're written up as 7.50 per lace used so most gloves are just 30.

Single lace repairs start at 8 dollars and can go up depending on which lace needs to be repaired.

Nov 8, 2020
Global Elites were great gloves, and the step up into much better, really solid baseball internals was the difference! I recommended a ton of GGE11's and GGE10BK's to many many Dad's here!

But in all fairness to Mizuno, the change to the Pro-Select as the replacement to the Global Elite was a really good one as it's a step up over the GE!

About 6 years ago I got my kid a Mizuno Global Elite when she went to play for an organization that required its players to use Mizuno products. It's still one of the nicest gloves on the shelf in her room or in any of her bags and its 6 years old. And she's had Nokona X2 Elites, Rawlings Heart of the Hides, Easton Pros, Marucci Magnolias, I even got her a Shoeless Jane glove and she has a shelf full of A2000 gloves as her current organization requires her to use Wilson/Louisville gloves. The materials and craftsmanship on that Global Elite are just superior to the other gloves. My son used a Global Elite in HS but when he reached college ball they gave him other gloves to use

Attachments

• 20200914_204307.jpg
    20200914_204307.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 14
  • 20201130_204056.jpg
    20201130_204056.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 14
Nov 8, 2020
I really struggle with the whole youth glove thing. I have tried them all I think. I want to buy her the best glove I can get, but an A2000 or HOH is just too much glove for my 10 yo DD. It is very hard to find a glove that is workable and fits the hand for a 10 yo, but still nice with some structure. We have tried the Marucci Palmetto, the Easton pro Fastpitch, the All-Star Vela, and a Rawlings LA. So far she uses the Rawlings as her game glove and the Marucci as her pitching glove. She says the Marucci is the most comfortable glove that fits her hand the best. She has the Kelsey Stewart A2000 that I got a great deal on sitting on her desk waiting for the day she can manage it.

(As I type this out I realize I may have a problem haha)

As she's only 10, a problem may be blossoming. If she has a shelf with a dozen or so gloves on it and she has 2 or 3 in her bag by her 14th birthday....then that can be considered "problematic"
And if that's the case, welcome to the club

Nov 18, 2015
Kicking myself for not jumping on that deal sooner - Magnolia’s catchers mitts are sold out.

And the Palmetto’s went as well. Plus the $200 12” that Akadema was selling for $39.

Someday I’ll learn to just spend the money that I earn sitting at a desk all day. I’m all for saving for retirement, but at this rate I’m just going to end up sitting in a hand-me-down rocking chair in CF muttering to myself “should have bought it when it was on sale...”.

Nov 8, 2020
One of the kids teammates has a brand new 34" A2000 catchers mitt available, broken in but that's all. She's a tall girl and the Wilson doesn't fit her hand well. Luckily for her, the Louisville catchers glove does fit her hand and falls under the organizations umbrella of approved equipment manufacturers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coopdog