Glove Question...12u outfielder

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 10, 2018
Greetings all, I have a 12u travel ball player that spends the vast majority of her time roaming the various outfield positions. Her all purpose glove ( a 12" Mizuno GFN-1200FI) has served its time admirably but its time for retirement. What size/model/brand gloves would you guys recommend to get her through the next couple of years. Not afraid to spend some money if I need to. Been a Rawlings guy myself for years but that may not be "cool" anymore. Thanks for any info.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
For a dedicated OF, you're probably going to want a 12.5"-12.75" glove.

If you have the budget, spending money on a high-level glove for a dedicated player of her age is reasonable (IMO).

Rawlings Liberty Advanced series is really nice, as are the Heart of the Hide gloves. Wilson A2000 is also a top-level choice. Others really worth considering are All-Star and Vinci.

Apr 28, 2019
Greetings all, I have a 12u travel ball player that spends the vast majority of her time roaming the various outfield positions. Her all purpose glove ( a 12" Mizuno GFN-1200FI) has served its time admirably but its time for retirement. What size/model/brand gloves would you guys recommend to get her through the next couple of years. Not afraid to spend some money if I need to. Been a Rawlings guy myself for years but that may not be "cool" anymore. Thanks for any info.
Rawlings is still cool. Liberty Advanced 13” H web would be my choice for a reasonably priced quality glove.

May 1, 2019
Since you guys are talking Rawlings I did see this the other day, thought was a good deal. Probably not the model you want for OF but just FYI 14733

Apr 16, 2013
Keep in mind we have a resident Vinci rep @Drakemir . We've got a 1b mitt and optimus catching mitt and they're top notch. Just shoot him a private message and he'll give you a list of gloves with the specs you're interested in.

Mar 26, 2019
Central Ohio
I just received the Vinci BV1929-L 12.5" last week. We ordered from @Drakemir (Vinci rep). He's a busy guy, so he might not answer message right away. It is a great glove. @ANNASDAD knows everything about gloves. He is the one that recommended the glove for my DD, because she is on the petite side. Good luck!

Feb 26, 2018
My DD has been using the 12" RLA in both OF and IF for the past 2 years in 12U. Now that she's moving up I'm starting to consider a 12 1/2" just for her to use in OF. It might end up being either an A2000 or HOH. I know there's an RLA 12 1/2", but keeping a white glove white is more trouble than it's worth lol

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Nothing wrong with spending enough to get a decent glove, but some spend enough on one to buy TWO decent gloves. It's not like buying a bat; after ~ $50-75, you're buying long-term durability, not effectiveness. Don't buy one your DD hasn't tried on unless it's exactly the same design that she's already wearing.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Absolute no brainer here! Heck, order two!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom