Glove Model Recomendation

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 21, 2015
Not to be judging anyone else's recommendations, but I wouldn't be buying a glove for a 9-year-old with the plan of using it for several years. I'd be buying a disposable glove in the sub-$100 range for the next year or two then I'd start looking at something with better leather.

In many cases, I agree. But, depending on your area, you could buy a premium glove..use it for a few years...and then sell it and recoup a large portion of your investment. If there isn't a market locally, this forum or ebay could be an option.

In many cases, I agree. But, depending on your area, you could buy a premium glove..use it for a few years...and then sell it and recoup a large portion of your investment. If there isn't a market locally, this forum or ebay could be an option.
I base it more on the fact that there aren't a lot of premium gloves that will fit a 9-year-old's hand very well and that she only needs something that will accommodate the 11" right now.

Jul 30, 2014
I bought my daughter a Vinci RCV1250 when she was 8 because all of the cheap gloves got flimsy after a few months it seemed. She hated it then and breaking it in caused me to hate it even more than she did. So I got her a Worth Liberty and between me using the Vinci at practice, it finally broke in about 8 months later. Now she loves it and I sold the Worth. She is also nine and uses it at 3rd, pitching and outfield if needed. The pictures are when I had it listed for sale on ebay lol.

Attachments

• Vinci4.jpg
    Vinci4.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 80
  • Vinci1.jpg
    Vinci1.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 80
  • Vinci3.jpg
    Vinci3.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 80

Latest posts

Forum statistics