Glove for 3B/2B, under $100

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I'm curious about other differences between the super expensive gloves and lower priced leather gloves.

Leather from different / better part of the Hide (thicker).
Better / thicker felt for better hand protection, and overall structure.....if they even (cheaper) have real felt in them to start with?
Better / thicker finger stays to keep the fingers more rigid.....if they even (cheaper)have finger stays in them to start with?
All leather construction, no vinyl binding or welting.
Someone like @Schmick's Gloves who is constantly inside of ball gloves could probably add on here!

Higher priced gloves also offer more protection well after they're broken in and aged some.....example: screaming head high line drive to 3B, a "better" glove will handle it and not fold backwards as easily because of the build construction and internals! That's why I (me) always preach baseball gloves, they're just built better than softball gloves and nothing will convince me otherwise! There's starting to be some really great, well built softball patterns (like the Mizuno Pro-Select) that are super well made gloves, and they've deleted the the Velcro wrist closures, I guess they're listening? ;)

And you said it earlier, they just last longer! You made a price comparison between a glove and a bat, I obviously don't see things the same way you do.

Feb 25, 2020
From everything I can find, the real difference is how long a glove will last. I'm curious about other differences between the super expensive gloves and lower priced leather gloves. I've had girls come to me with the $20 Wal-Mart glove. Those are garbage. I know that.

Maybe look at a marucci magnolia or palmetto line. 129 and 75 respectively.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
That's why I (me) always preach baseball gloves, they're just built better than softball gloves and nothing will convince me otherwise!

Not disputing your reasons for preferring the baseball gloves, but the pocket is just so much smaller. One of the reasons she's getting a new glove is because her glove is a baseball glove. There just isn't much room in there.

Apr 20, 2015
Not disputing your reasons for preferring the baseball gloves, but the pocket is just so much smaller. One of the reasons she's getting a new glove is because her glove is a baseball glove. There just isn't much room in there.
Is she an infielder or an outfielder? Infielders don't or shouldn't really use the depth of the pocket 90% of the time except on that rare leaping line drive or full on dive. If they're getting ground balls deep in the pocket it makes their transfer way too slow

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478