Glove for 3B/2B, under $100

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
A parent asked me for some recommendations for a glove for her DD. She'll probably play 3B for us, but she also plays 2B for her other team. Looking for something under a hundred bucks.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Throw in another $20 and call it a day!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
CoachJD, I realize some parents have a strict budget, a line they don’t want to cross, much less adding $20 on top of that budget. I get it.

And I also realize I hardly ever comply with the budget price that’s set here in posts like this, okay I never comply!

I spent 10/15 minutes going through my favorites after reading your post, found 2 or 3 different $89 / $99 gloves that I’d never spend my money on! They’re nowhere in the ball field compared to this $120.00 All-Star, not even close!

Don’t know these parents situation, order the girl this glove, I’ll send you the $20 to cover the difference!

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
CoachJD, I realize some parents have a strict budget, a line they don’t want to cross, much less adding $20 on top of that budget. I get it.

And I also realize I hardly ever comply with the budget price that’s set here in posts like this, okay I never comply!

I spent 10/15 minutes going through my favorites after reading your post, found 2 or 3 different $89 / $99 gloves that I’d never spend my money on! They’re nowhere in the ball field compared to this $120.00 All-Star, not even close!

Don’t know these parents situation, order the girl this glove, I’ll send you the $20 to cover the difference!

I appreciate that, but, in general, I disagree you can't find a quality glove for under a hundred bucks. My personal glove is $80 and I love it.

I will pass on this recommendation though. I'll probably want to warn them about the pinky/index finger stalls being the same. I completely understand the purpose for it, but a player who hasn't dealt with that before might be uncomfortable at first.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
What kind of $80 glove is it? Unless it’s been a heavily discounted pricier glove, I’ve never been so lucky!

It's an Easton Mako 14" Slow Pitch Glove. Looks like you can get them for cheaper than what I paid now, but I've had it for 5 years.

I'm of the belief that a glove is 95% the person using the glove and 5% the glove itself (as long as it's an actual leather glove). I really see no need for a glove that costs hundreds of dollars. It's not like a bat.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
Okay, guess we’ll just agree to disagree, good luck getting her a glove.

From everything I can find, the real difference is how long a glove will last. I'm curious about other differences between the super expensive gloves and lower priced leather gloves. I've had girls come to me with the $20 Wal-Mart glove. Those are garbage. I know that.