Glove conditioner

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 9, 2019
I used Nokona conditioner after using warm water, massaging, and a DYI glove mallet for a few days. It was extremely stiff before this, to the point where I could barely close it. It's very soft now, but still holding it's shape.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I used Nokona conditioner after using warm water, massaging, and a DYI glove mallet for a few days. It was extremely stiff before this, to the point where I could barely close it. It's very soft now, but still holding it's shape.
Nokona NLT = Vaseline..........which definitely isn't a bad thing!

Dec 20, 2019
diy leather balm cleaners:

SOLID CLEANERS

The ingredients used below can all be sourced locally at your box store and or a craft store like Hobby lobby/Michaels or online. Both recipes take about 30 mins from start to finish to make.

RECIPE #1

16 oz of Dr Bronner's Castille Soap(choose the fragrance you want. I used peppermint in this recipe)
1ea 1lb block of beeswax and coconut oil

Melt 1/2lb of the block of Beeswax/coconut oil down for a less waxy end product thats softer or melt the entire 1lb block down for a harder but slightly waxy feeling product.

Once completely melted down and liquified, turn the heat down and add in 16 oz of the Castille soap and stir until mixed thoroughly. Once you remove it from the heat, you need to work quick, as it will start to set up fairly quickly. Pour it into your tins/mason jars or bowls.

This will set up fairly quickly and after a few hours be semi solid. After 2-3 days, it will harden even more. The end product will lather up nicely with a toothbrush/shoe brush and water.

RECIPE #2

1 ea 1lb of Glycerin
1/2 cup Coconut oil
16 oz Castille soap

Cut up the Glycerin into cubes and drop them into the pot and stir until entirely melted, lower the heat. Add in the Castille soap and stir until thoroughly mixed and then add in the coconut oil and stir it in. Remove from heat and begin pouring into your tins/mason jars/bowls and allow to harden.

This recipe takes a bit longer for it to harden completely, but is solid to the touch after about 2 days and ready to be used. Using a tooth brush and water, the product produces a moderate creamy lather.

Mar 28, 2020
With All-Star, I’d imagine it’s made out of steerhide? It really doesn’t specify on their site. The System Seven baseball gloves and the CMW3000 fastpitch mitt are made out of the high end Maruhashi leather.
Question....reading this it sounds like there is a process to maintaining and breaking in gloves......I just purchased an All-Star Vela........what needs to be done to break it in once I get it here? it will give me an my daughter something to do (I normally purchase pre broken in gloves)

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Question....reading this it sounds like there is a process to maintaining and breaking in gloves......I just purchased an All-Star Vela........what needs to be done to break it in once I get it here? it will give me an my daughter something to do (I normally purchase pre broken in gloves)
Honestly, with the Vela series, I wouldn’t do anything as far as any conditioner, treatment, or chemicals, yet!

Work the heel, heel binding, and palm pad with your hands to help shape it (shoeshine method) and just play lots of good old catch! If you have a dumbbell you can pound on the break points at the thumb and heel to help it along.

That glove has plenty of oil already infused in the leather from the tanning process, doesn’t need anymore. You can give it a light wipe down in a couple of months when it starts showing signs of getting dry, you’ll know when that is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802